Summer Savings for All Courses!
Save 15% off all courses when you use the code LASummer17 at checkout.
This code is valid through June 29th
Check Out Our Newsletter!
- Discounts on courses exclusive to the newsletter.
- New course announcements and updates.
- Automatic inclusions in our give-back projects (i.e. Donor's Choose donations ).
- Relevant news and our take on hot topics in education.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
to get discounts that we offer every month.
LAUSD has revised its policy on how many courses CE Credits Online may provide to LAUSD educators for Salary Points, which have been approved by the Joint Salary Point Committee. Participants are able to submit up to 12 credits/salary points from CE Credits Online per trimester by agreement with LAUSD. (Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec).
All courses listed in the catalog on this landing page (LAUSD/UTLA Salary Points) are currently eligible for Salary Points.
For all courses that are not approved for salary points, please see LAUSD University Credits.
Any and all courses eligible for salary points, regardless of the provider, must meet the criteria established in the LAUSD/UTLA contract.
Your district requires you spend a minimum of 45 hours for a 1 salary-point course (15 in the online classroom and 30 doing outside work), 90 hours for a 2 salary-point course (30 in the online classroom and 60 hours doing outside work) and 135 hours for a 3 salary-point course (45 hours in the online classroom and 90 hours doing outside work). There are many linked resources in the courses you may use as well as all your planning time for your all your assignments, lesson planning time for the implementation portions of the course, assessments and any other research you do for any course. A time log is provided in every course so you may track your time and how it was spent as you proceed through the course, and we maintain your log in the event your district requests proof you did all the required work so you may receive your salary points. Please see the LAUSD/UTLA contract for details.
Our refund policy, as stated on our site and restated here is that you may receive a refund within two weeks of purchase if you have not started the course. Once you have started a course and submitted an assignment to be moderated, there are no refunds. There is a $30 processing fee to refund fees that are eligible for refund. You have 105 days to complete any course, and your time does not start until you click the “Start” button. Therefore, you may purchase courses, and only begin (Start) them when it is convenient for you to actually take the course. You may also purchase two-week extensions for an additional $30 if you need the extra time to complete.
For more information regarding the Salary Point Allocation Department, click on the link provided:
Before beginning your course, you will be required to provide the following information to CE Credits Online:
- LAUSD Employee Number:
- School where you are now teaching or most recent school assignment:
This information is required so CE Credits Online can process your completion paperwork to the salary point committee upon completion of your course(s). Below are the steps to ensure you obtain Salary Points, please read them to familiarize yourself with the process. We want your experience with CE Credits Online to be the best possible so please, if you have questions, call (425) 788-7275 ext. 104. You may also email email@example.com.
Steps to ensure you obtain Salary Points:
- Enroll in the course(s).
- Provide the required information described above.
- Complete your CE Credits Online course(s), including the time log.
- Your completion paper work will be submitted directly to LAUSD Professional Development Unit by CE Credits Online along with the NA Claim for Staff Development Point Project form on the 1st of the month following your completion.
- Your portion of the NA form can be found on your Student Homepage. You will be able to see and print your portion of the NA form by selecting the NA Tab located in the upper right corner of your Student Homepage. You will see your completed courses listed and if the completion paperwork has been sent to LAUSD Professional Development Unit there will be a date listed showing when it was sent in. If it has not been processed yet it will say “Not Processed Yet."
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK If you decide to request university academic credits for your completed course, and this course is still eligible for Salary Points (all courses listed in the catalog on the LAUSD/UTLA Salary Point landing page are eligible for Salary Points) the official transcript you receive from the university will be for your own personal records. You may only submit the course once for Salary Points and we submit all the paperwork necessary for you to receive your Salary Points. Salary Point courses are less expensive because there is not the additional expense of university credit fees, which are charged by the University.
- ATTENTION: Salary point credit approval for NA Forms is done by the Professional Development Unit and may take up to 3 months to process. The delay in processing your salary points will not affect the eligibility date of your schedule advancement, as they are backdated to the date of completion. If the points from your NA Form have not been posted to your account on the LAUSD website at the end of 3 months, please contact the Salary Allocation Unit at 213-241-5100.
- We highly recommend that you check the number of salary points you have in your account before you complete your CE Credits Online course(s). Then check again eight weeks after receiving notification on your Student Homepage that your completion paperwork has been processed and submitted to the Salary Point Committee by CE Credits Online. Since the new salary points are added to your account without identifying the coursework for which you earned the salary points this will help you to identify receiving the additional salary point(s).
CE Credits Online and Los Angeles Unified School District / UTLA are pleased to offer you Salary Point approved online professional development courses.
- Standards-based, research-driven, supports California Standards for the Teaching Profession
- Immediate classroom impact
- Start at any time, user friendly
- Video modeling and instruction
- One-on-one facilitation
- Completely online – no commuting, parking, missed classes and no dress code!