LAUSD/UTLA Salary Point Classes
- Pricing & Details
(You Save: $26.00)
- Number of:
1 university semester credits, 1 university quarter credits
(university fees are additional)
Based on the Value Set of Safety, Order, and Rights®
Teachers and administrators learn a four-step verbal skill that will help them take responsible control of K-12 students. This online course teaches them to end power struggles and gain cooperation from resistive students. This fast and effective, choice-based approach to behavior management is being used successfully by thousands of educators. Teachers learn to develop meaningful classroom management plans for maintaining a safe and orderly classroom that maximizes learning time.
- To examine the four-step verbal skill for giving directives to students.
- To perform the skill and develop mastery of the techniques.
- To adopt the value set of Safety, Order, and Rights.
- To formulate plans for using the technique in the classroom.
Course Description, Enrollment and Pricing
LAUSD/UTLA Salary Point Classes
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please read entire page before proceeding
All CE Credits Online courses are approved for salary points*, and CE Credits Online wants to ensure that all those who take courses for salary points receive the salary points promptly. LAUSD has instituted some changes regarding how many CE Credits Online courses may be submitted in any trimester (4 month period)—up to 12 credits/salary points in each trimester.
Any and all courses eligible for salary points, regardless of the provider, must meet the criteria established in the LAUSD/UTLA contract.
- Trimester: January-April; May-August and September-December.
- You may purchase as many courses as you wish, but you may be active in no more than four courses at any one time.
For more information regarding the Salary Point Allocation Department, click on the link provided: http://www.teachinla.com/salalloc/
After you have selected your course(s) and created your account you will be required to provide the following information to CE Credits Online:
- LAUSD Employee Number:
- School where you are now teaching or most recent school assignment:
This information is required so CE Credits Online can process your completion paperwork to the salary point committee upon completion of your course(s). Below are the steps to ensure you obtain Salary Points, please read them to familiarize yourself with the process. We want your experience with CE Credits Online to be the best possible so please, if you have questions, call 1-888-263-9980 ext. 104 or 105. You may also email email@example.com.
Steps to ensure you obtain Salary Points:
Enroll in the course(s).
- Provide the required information described above.
- Complete your CE Credits Online course(s).
- Your completion paper work will be submitted directly LAUSD Professional Development Unit by CE Credits Online along with the NA Claim for Staff Development Point Project form on the 1st of the month following your completion. Your portion of this form will be emailed to you for your records. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK. If you decide to request university academic credits for your completed course, the official transcript you receive will be for your personal records. You may not submit the official transcript for salary point credit as that is considered double dipping.
- ATTENTION: Salary point credit approval for P and NA Forms is done by the Professional Development Unit and may take up to 3 months to process. The delay in processing your salary points will not affect the eligibility date of your schedule advancement. If the points from your P or NA Form have not been posted on the website at the end of 3 months, please contact the Salary Allocation Unit at 213-241-6121
- We highly recommend that you check the number of salary points you have in your account before you complete your CE Credits Online course (s). Then check again eight weeks after receiving the bottom 1/3 of your NA Completion form from CE Credits Online. Since the new salary points are added to your account without identifying the coursework for which you earned the salary points this will help you to identify receiving the additional salary point(s).
CE Credits Online and Los Angeles Unified School District / UTLA are pleased to offer you Salary Point approved online professional development courses.
- Standards-based, research-driven, supports California Standards for the Teaching Profession
- Immediate classroom impact
- Start at anytime, user friendly
- Video modeling and instruction
- One-on-one facilitation
- Completely online – no commuting, parking, missed classes and no dress code!
University credits are available from our university affiliations (participants can select the option of paying for university credits upon completing a course(s) however, CE Credits Online automatically processes all LAUSD completions for Salary Points. You can request and pay for academic credits for any completed courses and then request your official transcript from your selected university. The official transcript will be for your personal records but you may not submit the official transcript for Salary Points.
Information for California
California State Information
WHAT IS NEEDED TO RENEW A PROFESSIONAL CLEAR CREDENTIAL
To renew a Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Services, and Specialist Professional Clear Credential, you must complete the following three requirements at five-year intervals:
Complete an individual program of professional growth activities that consists of a minimum of 150 clock-hours of participation in activities that contribute to competence, performance, or effectiveness in the profession of education. This requirement is referred to as the professional growth requirement.
Serve successfully in a certificated position or in another professional capacity in a public or private preschool, elementary school, middle school, or secondary school for the equivalent of at least one-half of a school year. This requirement is referred to as the professional service requirement.
Submission of Materials
Submit to the Commission a completed Renewal & Reissuance Application form (41-REN) with the self-verification section completed and the current processing fee. You do not need to submit the Professional Growth Plan and Record or the Verification of Successful Service forms with your application for renewal; however, the Commission reserves the right to request submission of these forms for auditing purposes any time within one year following submission of the application.
The key to the professional clear renewal is working with a professional growth advisor. The advisor serves as your mentor, helping you to set goals that will be valuable to your growth. The advisor also discusses professional growth activities that will contribute to your competence, performance, or effectiveness as an educator. The advisor verifies you have completed your professional growth activities.
Referenced from California
Why choose CE Credits Online
How CE Credits Online courses satisfy the individual program of professional growth activities
You may complete one or more college or university courses.
Acceptable courses include lower division, upper division, or graduate level courses offered on campus, off campus, or through extension by any regionally-accredited two-year or four-year college or university, in California or outside of this state. Courses may be taken for college credit. Courses must be completed, and the credential holder must earn a grade of C or better in courses that are taken for credit (or a pass in courses taken on a “pass or fail” basis). Clock-hours recorded on the Plan and Record form are restricted to time spent in class, time spent in laboratory or discussion sections that are associated with the class, and time spent on out-of-class assignments that you and your professional growth advisor agree would qualify as activities in categories 2 through 7. For example, you could record time spent on an individual study that was part of a college course, provided you examine a specified topic, produce a written report or other tangible product, and evaluate the individual project and its product. If time spent seated in the classroom is longer than the times listed in the conversion table, an explanation will be needed. Required lab work is an example of when extra time might be recorded. Time spent completing routine out-of-class assignments, such as reading assignments or preparing for tests, may not be recorded.
Once you complete your selected CE Credits Online course you may request university credits from Humboldt State University.
Semester Unit.................................... 15 Clock-Hours
You may request university, post baccalaureate, academic credit(s) from CE Credits Online partner university, Humboldt State University. CE Credits Online suggests California teachers contact their professional growth advisor to obtain verification that the proposed activity meets criteria and needs of the teacher's individual Professional Development Plan (PDP), his/her school's professional development plan, and the local school system's professional development plan.
Link to Humboldt State University