Southwest GA RESA
- Pricing & Details
(You Save: $30.00)
- Number of:
3 university semester credits, 4 university quarter credits
(university fees are additional)
Collaboration and communication are essential to meeting the goal of all students learning well. Coaching is a proven and practical vehicle for staff members, mentors and administrative evaluators to use in guiding each teacher to intentional best practice that will ensure student learning.
This course details the process of collaboration and communication that promotes quality outcomes in terms of student learning. By establishing a mutual purpose, mutual respect, individual commitment and using a variety of effective coaching communication skills, staff members can maximize the expertise, skill, and talent of coaching partners…. They learn from each other. The online format allows for reflection, practice, observation and analysis and application of skills to current settings. Emphasis is upon intentional best practice, celebration of success, planning for increased effectiveness in subsequent observational episodes and relationship maintenance. While the emphasis of the course is on establishing an effective coaching team, individuals also report that the process of taking the course enhances their instructional, assessment and classroom management skills.
- Understand the role of coaching in intentional best practice
- Understand the different purposes and uses of coaching
- Observe and analyze coaching episodes
- Self-analyze their own prior knowledge about coaching experiences
- Identify specific and guiding questions they want to answer with respect to coaching
- Distinguish between what makes an effective and an ineffective coach
- Explain the importance of trust and identify behaviors that will enhance trust in a coaching relationship
- Establish clear expectations for coaching partnerships
- Understand the importance of active listening and essential questions in coaching experiences
- Separate competence from performance of a single teaching episode
- Explain what is meant by confidentiality in the coaching experience
- Understand the varied roles that are played by coaches
- Understand that student learning is the bottom line in effective instruction
- Separate style from lesson content
- Understand the different purpose of peer coaching, mentoring and evaluation
- Explain how coaching can add meaning and purpose to teacher evaluation
- Understand the role of enduring knowledge in effective instructional planning
- Distinguish between a learning and a activity
- Design/select essential questions to guide the planning process
- Practice lesson planning and essential questioning with a partner
- Practice using a variety of methods for data collection
- Practice a variety of observation strategies through video analysis and scripted lessons
- Practice with lesson planning and observation with colleagues
- Understand the role of self-reflection in the coaching process
- Analyze a variety of possible essential questions to spur reflective practice
- Evaluate a coaching conference against specific standards of performance
- Understand and practice using Principles of Constructive Feedback
- Identify language that builds bridges and language that builds walls in conferencing
- Conduct a coaching conference
- Plan time to engage in coaching experiences through Coaching Action Plan
Course Description, Enrollment and Pricing
Southwest GA RESA
CE Credits Online and Southwest Georgia RESA are pleased to offer you discounted pricing for online professional development courses designed to improve teaching and student achievement.
Professional learning has NOT been suspended:
PLUs and Certificate Renewal
All courses are approved for PLU credit. For verification, please visit the
Georgia Department of Education Office of Professional Learning Approved Vendor List
All courses are eligible for university credit. Please visit University Affiliations
for more information. (Credit fees are not included in the cost of tuition.)
What Georgia Educators Say About CE Credits Online Professional Development Courses
“This course is the best course in reading I've taken in the last 10 years…"
"I wish I had this course available to me at the beginning of my teaching career…”
“…I truly believe this was a great course for all educators and parents. It will definitely help me maintain order in the classroom and keep control in stressful situations. This course is very valuable for anyone who is in charge of children.”
“I have taken several classes offered through the county pertaining to this topic but have not really put anything to use until I took this and actually used it. …”
Click here to read more
Why choose CE Credits Online
How CE Credits Online Satisfies Georgia Educator Certification Renewal Requirements
Professional Learning Unit Credits
CE Credits Online is an approved provider for PLU’s for the State of Georgia. A PLU is a unit of credit based on 10 contact hours of formal instruction or its equivalent (preparation phase) and on verification that the intent of the formal instruction has been implemented on the job (on-the-job performance phase) or on mastery verification conducted during the preparation phase.
The minimum contact time for one PLU activity shall be 10 contact hours (one PLU). Training activities for more than one PLU shall be in multiples of 10 contact hours. Partial PLUs or fractions of PLUs may not be awarded. No more than eight contact hours of instruction shall be conducted per day with a maximum of four PLUs earned per week.
Individual employed by a public or private school or school system in Georgia desiring Professional Learning Unit credits must complete a Prior Approval Form. You may open and print the Prior Approval Form directly from here (click the link below) or you may call CE Credits Online at 888-263-9980 for a copy of the form to be sent to you. The completed form must be signed by the participant's local, staff development coordinator, headmaster, or other person authorized to assure that the improvement goals of the public or private school employing the participant are met by the course(s) being offered by CE Credits Online.
Participants that are not currently employed by a district or school system in the state of Georgia will not need Prior Approval forms.
To print the approval form, select the link below. the form will open up in a new browser window. Click the Print button in this window, or select the File
menu at the top of the window and select Print
Application for Staff Develop Unit Credit - Prior Approval Form
Fax or mail the completed form to:
CE Credits Online
23224 NE 156th PL
Woodinville, WA 98077
Link to Georgia professional learning units credit http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/tss_school_prolearning.aspx?PageReq=TSSSchoolImpPLCredits
You may request university, post baccalaureate, academic credit(s) from one of CE Credits Online partner universities. CE Credits Online suggests Georgia teachers contact their local professional development coordinator to obtain verification that the proposed activity meets criteria and needs of the teacher's individual Professional Development Plan (PDP), his/her school's professional development plan, and the local school system's professional development plan.
A list of CE Credits Online university partners