The goal of this course is to provide participants with the skills necessary to advocate for and effectively teach students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Those skills will be developed through an exploration of the defining components of ASD diagnosis, assessment, treatment, and services, as well as strategies, programs, and available services for addressing the key components of ASD through evidence-based practices. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and strategies they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, participants will create a comprehensive student plan for an ASD-eligible student. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various concepts, practices, and resources explored throughout the course.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Define Autism Spectrum Disorder by its key components.
- Differentiate between medical diagnosis and school-based ASD eligibility.
- Examine the challenges that students with ASD face with social interactions, communication, and other behaviors.
- Apply programs, services, and classroom strategies for addressing the challenges faced by students with ASD .
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various resources to provide a holistic experience for each and every student.
- Begin at CE Credits Online Adams State University
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login.”
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account.”
- If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- Click “Check Out.”
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”.
- Click “Complete Order” once you have completed your payment.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 6 months (180 days) from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Upon Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
* Obtaining Your Graduate Credits from Adams State University:
- Upon completion of your CE Credits Online course, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to receive credits from Adams State University.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions, including how to:
- Register and pay for your ASU graduate credits at Adams State University website.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the Adams State University.
- You will receive an official transcript from Adams State University in three to four weeks.
- Your official transcript will your include the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade. Adams State University Sample Transcript
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.