How can you motivate your students? What are best practices for teaching students with special needs? How will current policy debates affect what happens in your classroom? What are the best ways to integrate new technology? There are so many complicated issues teachers face that, sometimes, being a teacher can feel like trying to juggle--while playing the piano.
This course develops strategies for excellent teaching through an in-depth study of educational psychology, individual differences, classroom management, materials selection, student assessment, and educational policy debates.
Participants will be able to:
- Comprehend how children grow and learn and apply this knowledge.
- Appreciate individual differences among students and know how to create an environment where all children excel.
- Study principles of motivation and their application.
- Learn techniques for creating a classroom environment that is most conducive to learning.
- Understand best practices for choosing instructional materials, including technology integration.
- Learn how to teach students the skills that will be necessary for their success in the 21st century.
- Explore the principles of authentic assessment and their application.
- Understand current policy issues in American education and their implications.
- Begin at https://www.cecreditsonline.org/collections/adams-state-university
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login.”
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account.”
- If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- Click “Check Out.”
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”.
- Click “Complete Order” once you have completed your payment.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 180 days from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Course Completion:
Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
* Obtaining Your Graduate Credits from Adams State University:
- Upon completion of your CE Credits Online course, email us at email@example.com to let us know you would like to receive credits from Adams State University.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions, including how to:
- Register and pay for your ASU graduate credits at Adams State University website.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the Adams State University.
- You will receive an official transcript from Adams State University in three to four weeks.
- Your official transcript will your include the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade. Adams State University Sample Transcript
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.