This course provides ASPDP Teachers with an introduction to teaching in a virtual environment including an overview of the current state of online learning and best practices for online course delivery instruction. Participants will explore essential elements of teaching in a virtual environment including design principles, building community, promoting and managing collaboration, as well as logistics and monitoring student progress.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of virtual learning
- Recognize the knowledge, skills, and disposition needed for a ASPDP K-12 educator in an online learning environment.
- Distinguish various course technologies and functionality of Learning Management Systems
- Differentiate appropriate communication guidelines for virtual instruction
- Apply best practices of effective and engaging virtual instruction
- Assess specific approaches to promote academic rigor in online courses
How to Register and Enroll
To complete enrollment you must register and pay for each course on both the CE Credits Online website and the ASPDP site.
- Add the P Credit course(s) to your Cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your eClassroom at https://www.cecreditsonline.org/
- Important: You must register for each CE Credits Online course on the NYC DOE ASPDP website. Our courses are in the ASPDP catalog using the provider drop-down menu and selecting CE Credits Online. At that time you will pay the NYC DOE ASPDP fee of $125 for a 3 P Credit course $45 for a 1 P Credit course when you register.
- Please Read: ASPDP Refund Policy & Program Policy for more information. Courses must be complete by the end of each semester to receive credit. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
“P” Credit, A+ Credit and CTLE hour Requirements
Courses are available for “P” credits and A+ Credits for NYC Salary Differentials and/or CTLE hours.
Credits Earned: 1 or 3 “P” Credits or A+ Credits and/or 15 or 45 CTLE Hours.
You can take up to 12 Credits per provider each semester.