How can you motivate your students? What are best practices for teaching students with special needs? How will current policy debates affect what happens in your classroom? What are the best ways to integrate new technology? There are so many complicated issues teachers face that, sometimes, being a teacher can feel like trying to juggle--while playing the piano.
This course develops strategies for excellent teaching through an in-depth study of educational psychology, individual differences, classroom management, materials selection, student assessment, and educational policy debates.
Participants will be able to:
- Comprehend how children grow and learn and apply this knowledge.
- Appreciate individual differences among students and know how to create an environment where all children excel.
- Study principles of motivation and their application.
- Learn techniques for creating a classroom environment that is most conducive to learning.
- Understand best practices for choosing instructional materials, including technology integration.
- Learn how to teach students the skills that will be necessary for their success in the 21st century.
- Explore the principles of authentic assessment and their application.
- Understand current policy issues in American education and their implications.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees included, you will receive a University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion, which may be used to obtain PTSB Renewal Units).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected during enrollment.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Credit Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.