An in-depth exploration of teaching systematic approaches for solving math word problems and developing written communication skills to describe solution processes. Teachers will learn a wide range of strategies to develop students' skills in the math problem-solving tasks of:
- comprehending the problem and identifying relevant data
- analyzing the problem's internal structure to determine what type of problem it is
- selecting a viable solution process and carrying it out
- explaining the solution process both orally and in writing.
Participants will be able to:
- explore a wide range of instructional strategies for math problem solving and math communication
- learn to create exciting math lessons that are challenging and achievable for all your students
- find a focus on strategies that can be applied across all grade levels in mathematics
- learn practical ideas and instructional strategies that they can immediately use with their students
- look at teaching strategies that can help students accomplish the four main tasks of problem solving:
- understanding the problem and what it is asking
- analyzing the problem to determine its structure
- choosing a solution process and carrying it out correctly
- explaining that process, both orally and in writing
To Enroll in a Course:
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees included, you will receive a University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion, which may be used to obtain PTSB Renewal Units).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected during enrollment.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Credit Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.