This course will teach learners effective strategies for both preventing and responding to disruptive behavior from K-12 students. Module 1 focuses on strategies that aim to prevent disruptive behavior from occurring at all. These strategies include establishing clear rules and procedures, and using positive reinforcement to emphasize behavioral expectations.
Module 2 focuses on strategies for responding to disruptive behavior if and when it does occur. These strategies include a five-step verbal technique designed to stop disruptive behavior in its tracks, as well as a range of other strategies for handling low-level disruptions. The course will also cover how to select and deliver effective consequences that encourage students to reflect on the disruptive behavior, and make better choices about their behavior in the future.
The final project of this course asks learners to create an action plan mapping out how to handle a common scenario of disruptive student behavior that they are currently experiencing or have frequently experienced in the past (and anticipate experiencing again).
To Enroll in a Course:
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees included, you will receive a University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion, which may be used to obtain PTSB Renewal Units).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected during enrollment.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Credit Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.