How can you motivate your students? What are best practices for teaching students with special needs? How will current policy debates affect what happens in your classroom? What are the best ways to integrate new technology? There are so many complicated issues teachers face that, sometimes, being a teacher can feel like trying to juggle--while playing the piano.
This course develops strategies for excellent teaching through an in-depth study of educational psychology, individual differences, classroom management, materials selection, student assessment, and educational policy debates.
Participants will be able to:
- Comprehend how children grow and learn and apply this knowledge.
- Appreciate individual differences among students and know how to create an environment where all children excel.
- Study principles of motivation and their application.
- Learn techniques for creating a classroom environment that is most conducive to learning.
- Understand best practices for choosing instructional materials, including technology integration.
- Learn how to teach students the skills that will be necessary for their success in the 21st century.
- Explore the principles of authentic assessment and their application.
- Understand current policy issues in American education and their implications.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select either: Course + Credit (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript). Review our regionally-accredited university partners on University Partners tab, or
- Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion, but graduate credits are not included). Review Credits Tab within each course description for a description of how you may use your Certificate of Completion in your area.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- If you would like to receive your credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course, and, upon completion, email email@example.com asking for for graduate-level professional development credit through Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55, and you will be emailed instructions.
- We have partnered with a number of regionally-accredited universities. See University Partners tab for information about our regionally-accredited university partners.
- All courses taken for credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the university you selected.
- Graduate Credits are available through Adams State University. Graduate-level professional development credits are available through Valley City State University and Humboldt State University. The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option (credits not included) that may be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.