CPS Course Code: - (CEC-LC-CPC)
This course provides teachers and administrators with a persuasive and effective strategy for conferencing with uncooperative or difficult parents. This 7-step interview will move parents from being part of the problem to being committed participants in the solution.
Participants will be able:
- To investigate a technique designed to improve teacher/parent interaction.
- To perform the skill and develop mastery of the technique.
- To adopt Safety, Order, and Rights, and utilize it as a fundamental tool for teacher/parent interaction.
To Enroll in a Course:
- You must first register with CPS.
- Go to the CPS Learning Hub: and Sign In, then
- Select: Find Learning, then
- Select: Web-based, under the Topic of Learning Type, then
- Select: Lane Credit Academy, under the topic of Category. All CE Credits Online courses listed are eligible for Lane Credits and Clock Hours/CPDUs. All CE Credits Online courses are also eligible for graduate credits from our partnering universities.
- Return to CE Credits Online and select Chicago Public Schools from the Illinois drop down when you select your state.
- Enroll in your course(s).
Obtaining Lane Credits
- CE Credits Online will provide CPS with the documentation necessary for you to receive your Lane Credits.
Obtaining Clock Hours/CPDUs
- The Certificate of Completion you receive when you complete your course must be submitted to CPS to receive your Clock Hours.
Obtaining Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you want university credits and from which university.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits and any other instructions you will need.
- CE Credits Online will forward to the university of your choice your payment and the documentation necessary for you to receive an official transcript.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.