The goal of this course is to provide participants with the skills necessary to advocate for and effectively teach students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Those skills will be developed through an exploration of the defining components of ASD diagnosis, assessment, treatment, and services, as well as strategies, programs, and available services for addressing the key components of ASD through evidence-based practices. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and strategies they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, participants will create a comprehensive student plan for an ASD-eligible student. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various concepts, practices, and resources explored throughout the course.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Define Autism Spectrum Disorder by its key components.
- Differentiate between medical diagnosis and school-based ASD eligibility.
- Examine the challenges that students with ASD face with social interactions, communication, and other behaviors.
- Apply programs, services, and classroom strategies for addressing the challenges faced by students with ASD .
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various resources to provide a holistic experience for each and every student.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for New York teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion that includes our CTLE Sponsor ID Number).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- See Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Requirements for more information.
- CTLE Individual Record
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a graduate-level professional development transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.