The goal of this course it to provide participants with an introductory knowledge of Google Drive applications, strategies and best practices for making use of them in the classroom, and an awareness of the potential benefits and challenges of implementation. Participants will gain experience with Google Docs, Slides, Forms, and Sheets, as well as an exposure to other applications available through Google Drive. They will also explore ways to optimize these tools to meet instructional objectives and improve the overall student experience by eliminating obstacles that prevent some students from succeeding.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that incorporates several Google Drive applications. The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the applications, implementation strategies, and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique needs and challenges of his or her students.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Identify the key features and functions of Google Drive applications.
- Assess the potential usefulness of Google Drive applications in their classrooms.
- Create classroom tools, resources, and assessments that effectively utilize Google Drive applications.
- Predict the potential challenges and benefits of implementing Google Drive applications.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of Google Drive applications into their classrooms.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for New York teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion that includes our CTLE Sponsor ID Number).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- See Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Requirements for more information.
- CTLE Individual Record
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a graduate-level professional development transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.