The goal of this course is to provide participants with an introductory understanding of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), as well as the skills necessary for implementing the principles of UDL into lesson planning and instructional practices. The course begins with an exploration of the history of UDL, its classroom applications, and the justifications for its use. The remainder of the course focuses on engaging diverse student populations by addressing the three learning networks that make up the core tenets of Universal Design (Affective, Recognition, and Strategic) through the use of technology and other instructional strategies. Throughout the course, participants will reflect on current teaching practices in the context of the UDL Guidelines.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that incorporates the principles of Universal Design for Learning. The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the principles, implementation strategies, and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as a reflection and evaluation of their current teaching practices and the potential value of UDL.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Explore the origin of UDL and its adaptation to a set of guiding principles for education.
- Assess the potential of UDL to positively impact the modern classroom.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the Affective, Recognition, and Strategic networks.
- Apply a variety of tools and strategies in support of UDL principles and guidelines.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of the UDL model into their classrooms.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the salary advancement or recertification course or courses for New York teachers you wish to take.
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion that includes our CTLE Sponsor ID Number).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- See Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Requirements for more information.
- CTLE Individual Record
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a graduate-level professional development transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.