This course equips Educational Service District 101 teachers with the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure that all students are empowered to become proficient problem solvers and communicators of mathematics. This goal is pursued through a language-centered approach that highlights the essential role of communication in developing students’ capacities for comprehension, critical thinking, and clear exposition of mathematical ideas. Emphasis is placed on leveraging students’ community-based knowledge and honoring the multitude of preferred modes of learning and self-expression.
As a result of this course, ESD 101 K-12 teachers will:
- Explain the important role of problem solving and mathematical literacy in preparing students to navigate an increasingly technical and data-driven society
- Engage and empower students to become critical participants in society by showing them how math can be used to investigate realistic and relatable sociocultural issues
- Mitigate against the deleterious effects of math anxiety and negative math attitudes by cultivating a psychologically safe and multiculturally affirming classroom environment
- Teach and model a structured, yet flexible approach to problem solving that is characterized by productive struggle and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Utilize a variety of strategies and downloadable resources to provide students regular opportunities to speak, write, and otherwise communicate their mathematical thinking
- Conduct meaningful multimodal assessment that honors the multitude of preferred learning styles and modes of expression without sacrificing mathematical rigor
- Select from two options:
- Course + Credits (credit fees are included in the cost, and you will receive an official University transcript), or select
- Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Clock Hours).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
To Receive your Clock Hours:
Requirements Necessary to Validate your completion:
- Your Certificate of Completion
Once you complete your course, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.
Forward your Certificate to:
Mary Kempel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once validated you will receive an email from pdEnroller that clock hours are available to purchase in your online account.
If you already have an account in pdEnroller you may log in and purchase, then print a transcript. If it is your first time visiting pdEnroller you MUST activate your account first by selecting the prompt at the top of the screen.
Clock Hours are $3 per hour.