The goal of this course is to provide Educational Service District 114 teachers with the necessary skill set to effectively implement available technological resources to enhance the holistic physical education experience. The course focuses on establishing an understanding of what it means to provide a holistic physical education experience through the use of technology. Teachers will explore a variety of video-based, instrument-based, and smartphone-based resources and programs for students to utilize. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, educators will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to create a holistic physical education student plan. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various strategies and resources explored throughout the course in order to effectively address the topics included in a holistic physical education experience.
As a result of this course, ESD 114 K-12 teachers will:
- Examine the key components often overlooked for a complete physical education experience.
- Assess the impact of various resources: video, instrument, and smartphone based.
- Apply effective strategies for providing opportunities to experience the use of those resources.
- Explore a variety of applications that can help students monitor, plan and analyze their nutrition, sleeping, fitness levels.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various resources to provide a holistic experience for each and every student.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select from one of two options: Course + Credits (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Clock Hours).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eClassroom Sign In. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses.
- See the University Partners tab for a description of our Partners.
- All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email email@example.com letting us know you wish to receive your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- Upon completion, you will automatically receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- Submit your Certificate of Completion to: firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Clock Hour Form.
- Send your Clock Hour Form and payment for Clock Hours to:
Registrar at Olympic ESD 114
105 National Avenue N
Bremerton, WA 98312
Registrar Angela Wageman
Bridgette Golden at (360) 478-6868