This course will introduce you to the transformative possibilities that interactive whiteboard systems can have on your language arts curriculum. An interactive whiteboard system is comprised of many separate components from many companies, but when integrated into a whole system, it becomes a powerful instructional tool in the hands of a trained teacher. The first section of this course will provide a brief overview of different digital whiteboard systems and current research of their effectiveness in the classroom. The next section will build a strong foundation of skills necessary to successfully control the hardware and software used. These skills include basic operations, manipulating graphics and objects, overlay tools, and integrating peripheral products.
The last section will show you how to integrate these skills into several language arts lessons which then you will apply this knowledge to create a lesson of your own. This course features over 45 videos comprising over five hours of core video-based training, allowing you to see a credentialed teacher/ certified trainer actually using an interactive whiteboard system. The skills and their integration into language arts instruction covered in this course are designed to be transferable to any hardware or software platform.
Although having access to any brand of digital whiteboard is not required, it will greatly enhance your learning experience. Most of the software applications referenced are available as free downloadable trials and are compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Most lessons in this course demonstrate hardware and software features through the use of core and auxiliary videos. Core videos, which are embedded in the web page, have been created and professionally produced specifically for this course and feature a digital whiteboard system from SMART Technologies. Auxiliary videos, which can be accessed via web links, have been produced by others and feature different digital whiteboard systems.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify components of an interactive whiteboard system
- Discuss current research in instructional technology as it applies to your classroom
- Understand how to use specific skills including basic operations, manipulating graphics and objects, overlay tools, and integrating peripheral products
- Practice using software used in an interactive whiteboard system
- Identify how skills covered in this course can enhance and transform many math lessons
- Apply skills learned in this course to develop your own math lesson
- Discuss challenges and successes in using interactive whiteboard systems in your classroom
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select from one of two options: Course + Credits (credit fees are included, and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Clock Hours).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eClassroom Sign In. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses.
- See the University Partners tab for a description of our Partners.
- All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you wish to receive your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- Upon completion, you will automatically receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- Submit your Certificate of Completion to: email@example.com and request a Clock Hour Form.
- Send your Clock Hour Form and payment for Clock Hours to:
Registrar at Olympic ESD 114
105 National Avenue N
Bremerton, WA 98312
Registrar Angela Wageman
Bridgette Golden at (360) 478-6868