The goal of this course it to provide participants with an introductory knowledge of Google Drive applications, strategies and best practices for making use of them in the classroom, and an awareness of the potential benefits and challenges of implementation. Participants will gain experience with Google Docs, Slides, Forms, and Sheets, as well as an exposure to other applications available through Google Drive. They will also explore ways to optimize these tools to meet instructional objectives and improve the overall student experience by eliminating obstacles that prevent some students from succeeding.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that incorporates several Google Drive applications. The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the applications, implementation strategies,and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique needs and challenges of his or her students.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Identify the key features and functions of Google Drive applications.
- Assess the potential usefulness of Google Drive applications in their classrooms.
- Create classroom tools, resources, and assessments that effectively utilize Google Drive applications.
- Predict the potential challenges and benefits of implementing Google Drive applications.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of Google Drive applications into their classrooms.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Graduate-Level Professional Development Credit (you will receive a University transcript) or Non-Credit (you will receive a certificate of completion).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate and Graduate-Level Professional Development Credit Courses
- Graduate Credits are available through Adams State University. Graduate-level professional development credits are available through Valley City State University and Humboldt State University. The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State, please purchase the Non-Credit version of the course and upon completion email email@example.com asking to sign-up for graduate credit through Adams State.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- We offer all of our courses as a Non-Credit option that can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs in Illinois (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.