The goal of this course is to provide LAUSD Independent Charter Schools teachers with a foundational knowledge of how to effectively create and teach in a technology-rich classroom environment. The first half of the course is an examination of the relationship between students and technology, how it impacts learning (both positively and negatively), and the evolving roles and skill sets required of teachers in order to leverage technology to meet the needs of their students. Once this framework is established, teachers will begin an exploration of a variety of web-based tools and mobile applications, evaluating the potential impact that each could have in their classrooms.
In the final project, educators will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that thoughtfully incorporates several technology tools The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the tools, implementation strategies, and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique learning styles, needs, and challenges of his or her students. It will conclude with a reflection of the participant’s own teaching philosophy and practices, and what, if any, adjustments they may need to make to effectively deliver the instructional unit.
As a result of this course, LAUSD Independent Charter Schools teachers will:
- Evaluate the potential for technology-enriched instruction to engage and teach today’s learners.
- Explore the impact of the Digital Divide on student learning and classroom instruction.
- Define the role of the teacher in creating and managing a technology-rich classroom environment.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of implementing various web- and application-based technologies in the classroom.
- Integrate a variety of web-based tools and mobile applications into an instructional unit.
To Enroll in a Course:
- SelectCourse Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Salary Points).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log into your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate-level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for all courses. Courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Credits may be requested from your account page.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email email@example.com to request your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your LAUSD Independent Charter School recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Course Only courses are eligible for Salary Points.
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed and should be submitted for Salary Points.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.