This course provides you with an introduction to teaching in a virtual environment including an overview of the current state of online learning and best practices for online course delivery instruction. Participants will explore essential elements of teaching in a virtual environment including design principles, building community, promoting and managing collaboration, as well as logistics and monitoring student progress.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of virtual learning
- Recognize the knowledge, skills, and disposition needed for a K-12 educator in an online learning environment.
- Distinguish various course technologies and functionality of Learning Management Systems
- Differentiate appropriate communication guidelines for virtual instruction
- Apply best practices of effective and engaging virtual instruction
- Assess specific approaches to promote academic rigor in online courses
Enrolling in a Course:
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- You will be asked to provide your LAUSD Employee Number and the name of the school that you currently or most recently taught at.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your a eClassroom account. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
LAUSD teachers are able to submit up to 12 credits/salary points from CE Credits Online per trimester (Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec).
Receiving Salary Points
- Upon completion, your completion paperwork will be submitted directly to the LAUSD Professional Development Unit by CE Credits Online along with the NA Claim for Staff Development Point Project form at the beginning of the following month.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK If you decide to request graduate credits for your completed course, the official transcript you receive from the university will be for your own personal records. Each course can only be submitted once, and we will provide all necessary paperwork to LAUSD.
- Salary point credit approval for NA Forms is done by the Professional Development Unit and may take up to 3 months to process. The delay in processing your salary points will not affect the eligibility date of your schedule advancement, as they are backdated to the date of completion. If the points from your NA Form have not been posted to your account on the LAUSD website at the end of 3 months, please contact the Salary Allocation Unit at 213-241-5100.
- We highly recommend that you check the number of salary points you have in your account before you complete your CE Credits Online course(s). Then check again eight weeks after receiving notification on your Student Homepage that your completion paperwork has been processed and submitted to the Salary Point Committee by CE Credits Online. Since the new salary points are added to your account without identifying the coursework for which you earned the Salary Points this will help you to identify receiving the additional salary point(s).
- You may check the status of your Salary Points.
Receiving Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Upon completion, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you have completed the course, which university you have selected (see University Partners).
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for and obtain the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all necessary documentation to the university you selected enabling you to receive an official transcript.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.