Promotions for LAUSD Teachers
This professional development course is available to K-12 LAUSD educators and is available for recertification and salary advancement. The goal of this professionally learning course is to provide teachers with the necessary skill set to effectively implement available technological resources to enhance the holistic physical education experience. The course focuses on establishing an understanding of what it means to provide a holistic physical education experience through the use of technology. Teachers will explore a variety of video-based, instrument-based, and smartphone-based resources and programs for students to utilize. Throughout the course, teachers will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve current practices.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to create a holistic physical education student plan. The student plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the various strategies and resources explored throughout the course in order to effectively address the topics included in a holistic physical education (PE) experience.
As a result of this course, educators will:
- Examine the key components often overlooked for a complete physical education experience.
- Assess the impact of various resources: video, instrument, and smartphone based.
- Apply effective strategies for providing opportunities to experience the use of those resources.
- Explore a variety of applications that can help school students monitor, plan and analyze their nutrition, sleeping, fitness levels.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of various resources to provide a holistic experience for each and every student.
Get your LAUSD salary points today!
View: LAUSD Salary Allocation Table
Enrolling in a Course:
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- You will be asked to provide your LAUSD Employee Number and the name of the school that you currently or most recently taught at.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your a eClassroom account. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
LAUSD teachers are able to submit up to 12 credits/salary points from CE Credits Online per trimester (Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec).
Receiving Salary Points
- Upon completion, your completion paperwork will be submitted directly to the LAUSD Professional Development Unit by CE Credits Online along with the NA Claim for Staff Development Point Project form at the beginning of the following month.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK If you decide to request graduate credits for your completed course, the official transcript you receive from the university will be for your own personal records. Each course can only be submitted once, and we will provide all necessary paperwork to LAUSD.
- Salary point credit approval for NA Forms is done by the Professional Development Unit and may take up to 3 months to process. The delay in processing your salary points will not affect the eligibility date of your schedule advancement, as they are backdated to the date of completion. If the points from your NA Form have not been posted to your account on the LAUSD website at the end of 3 months, please contact the Salary Allocation Unit at 213-241-5100.
- We highly recommend that you check the number of salary points you have in your account before you complete your CE Credits Online course(s). Then check again eight weeks after receiving notification on your Student Homepage that your completion paperwork has been processed and submitted to the Salary Point Committee by CE Credits Online. Since the new salary points are added to your account without identifying the coursework for which you earned the Salary Points this will help you to identify receiving the additional salary point(s).
- You may check the status of your Salary Points.
Receiving Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Upon completion, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you have completed the course, which university you have selected (see University Partners).
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for and obtain the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all necessary documentation to the university you selected enabling you to receive an official transcript.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.