This course aims to show Montana K-12 teachers how a mindful pedagogy can support meeting their professional demands. The course begins by reviewing teacher’s various demands as well as the importance of being able to support students’ ability to meet standards, develop social-emotional skills, and build the skills needed to thrive.
The course defines a mindful, engaged pedagogy and explains how establishing a personal mindfulness practice can support Montana teachers in all areas, including classroom management and self-care. Educators will create an action plan to implement mindfulness practices into their classroom routine to support planning and preparation, and in meeting their professional demands. The action plan will also ask participants to self-assess ways mindfulness supports classroom instruction and student learning.
In this course, learners will:
- Review and reflect on how the diverse needs of New York City students require educators to employ a variety of intentional strategies to support student academic and social-emotional needs.
- Appraise the impact stress has on teacher instruction and the school and classroom community
- Examine ways mindfulness helps bring awareness to teacher needs and the needs of their students and school community.
- Investigate ways mindfulness can support teacher self-care and teacher instruction.
- Experiment with mindfulness activities to help create a positive classroom climate and a community of learners.
- Appraise ways mindfulness supports instruction and helps teachers meet their professional responsibilities as described in the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
- Design and employ a personal mindfulness and self-care practice using activities and resources offered in course.
- Use the Five Element video and audio resources and appraise impact activities can have on teacher wellbeing and instruction.
- Understand and analyze interpersonal neurobiology, attachment theory, and impact it has on classroom behavior and relationships.
- Define compassion and analyze the role compassion and mindfulness play in being an effective teacher.
- Implement a mindful and compassionate approach to challenging student behavior.
- Appraise which mindfulness implementation model can best support their teacher and classroom routines within the context of their own school.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the course or courses you wish to take.
- Select either Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion, which may be used to obtain Renewal Units) or Course + Credits (to receive an official university transcript).
- CE Credits Online is an approved provider of Renewal Units in Montana.
- See our University Partners page to review our regionally accredited university partners who provide graduate-level university credits for our courses.
- Add course or courses to the Cart and follow the enrollment and payment prompts to complete your order.
- You will have 6 months (180 days) to complete your courses from date of purchase. Extensions are available for an additional fee.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Obtain Montana License Renewal Units:
CE Credits Online is a Montana State approved provider for Renewal Units
The State of Montana requires you to complete the Registration and Verification Form for each CE Credits Online course you complete.
If you wish to receive renewal units for your completed course(s) please follow the steps below:
- Contact the CE Credits Online office at email@example.com for your Registration and Verification Form, once your course is completed. Provide your name, the course you completed and that you are requesting a Montana Registration and Verification Form.
- CE Credits Online will email you the form with the CE Credits Online portion of the form completed.
- Complete your part of the sections on the Registration and Verification Form. The form requires you to include the Instructor of Record, which is found on your Certificate of Completion.
- Remember all events you use to obtain License Renewal Units must be completed within your current five-year license renewal cycle.
- Be sure that the information provided in Sections I, II, III is accurate and complete. If any information is missing, the form may not be acceptable for license renewal.
- The original copy of this certificate is required to be included with the application for educator license.
You will no longer be required to send in official transcripts and renewal unit certificates at the time of renewal application! Renewal applications will now be randomly audited to verify accuracy. Therefore, even though you no longer need to submit your documents at the time your complete your renewal application, you will need to have them for your records. If your application is chosen for audit you will have 60 days to submit your documents for verification. Your license will NOT be issued if you are unable to provide the documents needed to verify your professional development activities.
Find Your Montana renewal requirements
It is recommended that you keep a copy of all application materials submitted for license renewal. It is particularly important that you keep a copy of each Registration and Verification Form in case an audit of renewal applications of provider records is initiated.
If you have any questions please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-788-7275 ext. 104