An in-depth exploration of teaching systematic approaches for solving math word problems and developing written communication skills to describe solution processes. Teachers will learn a wide range of strategies to develop students' skills in the math problem-solving tasks of:
- comprehending the problem and identifying relevant data
- analyzing the problem's internal structure to determine what type of problem it is
- selecting a viable solution process and carrying it out
- explaining the solution process both orally and in writing.
Participants will be able to:
- explore a wide range of instructional strategies for math problem solving and math communication
- learn to create exciting math lessons that are challenging and achievable for all your students
- find a focus on strategies that can be applied across all grade levels in mathematics
- learn practical ideas and instructional strategies that they can immediately use with their students
- look at teaching strategies that can help students accomplish the four main tasks of problem solving:
- understanding the problem and what it is asking
- analyzing the problem to determine its structure
- choosing a solution process and carrying it out correctly
- explaining that process, both orally and in writing
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select either the Course + Credits option (to receive graduate-level PD university credits--credit fees included) or the Course Only option (to receive a Certificate of Completion--use to obtain Renewal Units).
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- CE Credits Online is an approved provider of Renewal Units.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log into your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
How to Obtain Montana License Renewal Units:
CE Credits Online is a Montana State approved provider for Renewal Units
The State of Montana requires you to complete the Registration and Verification Form for each CE Credits Online course you complete.
If you wish to receive renewal units for your completed course(s) please follow the steps below:
- Contact the CE Credits Online office at firstname.lastname@example.org for your Registration and Verification Form, once your course is completed. Provide your name, the course you completed and that you are requesting a Montana Registration and Verification Form.
- CE Credits Online will email you the form with the CE Credits Online portion of the form completed.
- Complete your part of the sections on the Registration and Verification Form. The form requires you to include the Instructor of Record, which is found on your Certificate of Completion.
- Remember all events you use to obtain License Renewal Units must be completed within your current five-year license renewal cycle.
- Be sure that the information provided in Sections I, II, III is accurate and complete. If any information is missing, the form may not be acceptable for license renewal.
You will no longer be required to send in official transcripts and renewal unit certificates at the time of renewal application! Renewal applications will now be randomly audited to verify accuracy. Therefore, even though you no longer need to submit your documents at the time your complete your renewal application, you will need to have them for your records. If your application is chosen for audit you will have 60 days to submit your documents for verification. Your license will NOT be issued if you are unable to provide the documents needed to verify your professional development activities.
To find renewal requirements: http://opi.mt.gov/Licensure-Renewal-Requirements
It is recommended that you keep a copy of all application materials submitted for license renewal. It is particularly important that you keep a copy of each Registration and Verification Form in case an audit of renewal applications of provider records is initiated.
If you have any questions please contact us via email email@example.com or call 425-788-7275 ext. 104