This course equips teacher learners with the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure that all students are empowered to become proficient problem solvers and communicators of mathematics. This goal is pursued through a language-centered approach that highlights the essential role of communication in developing students’ capacities for comprehension, critical thinking, and clear exposition of mathematical ideas. Emphasis is placed on leveraging students’ community-based knowledge and honoring the multitude of preferred modes of learning and self-expression.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Explain the important role of problem solving and mathematical literacy in preparing students to navigate an increasingly technical and data-driven society
- Engage and empower students to become critical participants in society by showing them how math can be used to investigate realistic and relatable sociocultural issues
- Mitigate against the deleterious effects of math anxiety and negative math attitudes by cultivating a psychologically safe and multiculturally affirming classroom environment
- Teach and model a structured, yet flexible approach to problem solving that is characterized by productive struggle and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Utilize a variety of strategies and downloadable resources to provide students regular opportunities to speak, write, and otherwise communicate their mathematical thinking
- Conduct meaningful multimodal assessment that honors the multitude of preferred learning styles and modes of expression without sacrificing mathematical rigor
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the course or courses you wish to take.
- Select either Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion, which may be used to obtain Renewal Units) or Course + Credits (to receive an official university transcript).
- CE Credits Online is an approved provider of Renewal Units in Montana.
- See our University Partners page to review our regionally accredited university partners who provide graduate-level university credits for our courses.
- Add course or courses to the Cart and follow the enrollment and payment prompts to complete your order.
- You will have 6 months (180 days) to complete your courses from date of purchase. Extensions are available for an additional fee.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Obtain Montana License Renewal Units:
CE Credits Online is a Montana State approved provider for Renewal Units
The State of Montana requires you to complete the Registration and Verification Form for each CE Credits Online course you complete.
If you wish to receive renewal units for your completed course(s) please follow the steps below:
- Contact the CE Credits Online office at email@example.com for your Registration and Verification Form, once your course is completed. Provide your name, the course you completed and that you are requesting a Montana Registration and Verification Form.
- CE Credits Online will email you the form with the CE Credits Online portion of the form completed.
- Complete your part of the sections on the Registration and Verification Form. The form requires you to include the Instructor of Record, which is found on your Certificate of Completion.
- Remember all events you use to obtain License Renewal Units must be completed within your current five-year license renewal cycle.
- Be sure that the information provided in Sections I, II, III is accurate and complete. If any information is missing, the form may not be acceptable for license renewal.
- The original copy of this certificate is required to be included with the application for educator license.
You will no longer be required to send in official transcripts and renewal unit certificates at the time of renewal application! Renewal applications will now be randomly audited to verify accuracy. Therefore, even though you no longer need to submit your documents at the time your complete your renewal application, you will need to have them for your records. If your application is chosen for audit you will have 60 days to submit your documents for verification. Your license will NOT be issued if you are unable to provide the documents needed to verify your professional development activities.
Find Your Montana renewal requirements
It is recommended that you keep a copy of all application materials submitted for license renewal. It is particularly important that you keep a copy of each Registration and Verification Form in case an audit of renewal applications of provider records is initiated.
If you have any questions please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-788-7275 ext. 104