This course is designed to walk participants through the steps of creating a classroom culture plan that establishes an orderly yet exciting classroom where students can and want to do the hard work that is required to learn and succeed. The foundation of this course is uncovering what motivates students in order to ensure that what is communicated to them is relevant, meaningful, and engaging. Strategies are also shared for developing positive and trusting peer-to-peer, teacher-to-student, and parent-teacher relationships.
In addition to designing a classroom culture plan that emphasizes motivation and engagement, participants will learn two verbal techniques that help keep behaviors optimal and in line with the expectations in the classroom. The techniques are constructed to teach students about making choices, consequences and likely outcomes that result from their choices. Throughout this course, participants will learn strategies for teaching students how to monitor and regulate their own behavior.
This course also recognizes the importance of clear expectations and procedures to effective classroom management. The Safety, Order and Rights value set is presented as one framework for clarifying and communicating the classroom expectations, and is compatible with other value sets that simply and easily communicate the rationale for expectations and procedures. Participants will learn how to effectively teach procedures to students, and establish rules in a manner that invests students in upholding them.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of classroom management and the relationship between engaging work, student behavior, and learning outcomes.
- Explore theories of motivation and behavior management, and apply these theories to the creation of a classroom culture plan.
- Explain how to begin implementing PBIS and give examples of both preventative and responsive positive discipline techniques.
- Explain how to effectively redirect students and implement logical consequences using firm yet respectful teacher language.
- Describe the most effective way to develop, introduce, and/or reinforce classroom rules and procedures.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select either the Course + Credits option (credit fees are included and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Salary Class Change credit).
- If you select Course + Credits option, you will also select the university from which you wish to receive your credits.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See our University Partners tab for a description.
- All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course (only) version of the course and upon completion email email@example.com to inform us you wish to receive your graduate credit through Adams State University. The cost will be $55/credit and you will be instructed how to pay Adams State University directly.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
To Receive Salary Class Change:
Unit members on contract seeking a salary class change must complete the Application for Salary Class Change form and submit both the CE Credits Online Certificate of Completion and the Application to the Certificated Personnel Office to receive Salary Class Change. You will be emailed a Certificate of Completion when you have successfully completed your course.