The goal of this course is to provide Pasadena Unified School District K-12 teachers with a framework of the skills, strategies, and tools necessary for designing, building, and facilitating a fully online or blended learning experience for students of all levels, identities, backgrounds and beliefs. The course begins with a focus on the shifting mindset, qualities, and skills required of teachers transitioning from a traditional classroom to an online or blended classroom, as well as an exploration of the Digital Divide and its implications and impact on students in this new learning environment.
Pasadena Unified teachers will take this foundation through the remainder of the course as they examine strategies and tools for designing the structure, content, assessment strategy, and interactions that make up an effective online or blended classroom. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve and adapt current practices for the online and blended learning environments.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Define the roles of the teacher in creating and facilitating an online or blended classroom environment.
- Explore the impact of the Digital Divide on student learning and classroom instruction.
- Employ effective design models, concepts, strategies, and tools in the creation of an online/blended learning classroom.
- Outline a plan for the creation and facilitation of an engaging online/blended learning community.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Develop a working journal of ideas for effectively implementing technology tools in ways that benefit online and blended teaching and learning.
- Outline a framework for evaluating tools and strategies in the context of online and blended learning.
- Build an online/blended unit in a learning management system that effectively incorporates several technology tools, in a variety of ways, and addresses instructional objectives, student engagement, and the potential impact of the Digital Divide, as well as other common strategies and objectives.
- Salary Class Change credits
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select either the Course + Credits option (credit fees are included and you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Salary Class Change credit).
- If you select Course + Credits option, you will also select the university from which you wish to receive your credits.
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See our University Partners tab for a description.
- All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course (only) version of the course and upon completion email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us you wish to receive your graduate credit through Adams State University. The cost will be $55/credit and you will be instructed how to pay Adams State University directly.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
To Receive Salary Class Change:
Unit members on contract seeking a salary class change must complete the Application for Salary Class Change form and submit both the CE Credits Online Certificate of Completion and the Application to the Certificated Personnel Office to receive Salary Class Change. You will be emailed a Certificate of Completion when you have successfully completed your course.