Teachers and administrators learn a four-step verbal skill that will help them take responsible control of K-12 students. This online course teaches them to end power struggles and gain cooperation from resistive students. This fast and effective, choice-based approach to behavior management is being used successfully by thousands of educators. Learn to develop meaningful plans for maintaining a safe and orderly classroom that maximizes learning time.
Participants will be able:
- To examine the four-step verbal skill for giving directives to students.
- To perform the skill and develop mastery of the techniques.
- To adopt Safety, Order, and Rights.
- To formulate plans for using the technique in the classroom.
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with Pioneer RESA.
- Type “online” (without quotes) in the Search Box and select SEARCH.
- Once you find the course you want to register for, click on the course title and select Register at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the RESA Registration Process including payment (tuition).
- Once you have registered, Pioneer RESA will email you a prepaid enrollment code.
- Note the enrollment code and return to this page to enroll in your course. For additional information concerning these online courses please contact
Susan Proctor, Professional Learning Coordinator at 706-865-2141 Ext. 244 or
Carly Dixon, Support Staff - Professional Learning, at 706-865-2141 Ext. 223.
- Begin at CE Credits Online Pioneer RESA
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 180 days from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities who provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See University Partners tab. All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, please email CE Credits Online at email@example.com and let us know you wish university credits and from which university you wish to receive those credits. CE Credits Online will email you instructions and will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected, once you have paid for the credits. Credits are $55/credit.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Professional Learning Units (PLUs):
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- Contact Susan Proctor, Professional Learning Coordinator at 706-865-2141 Ext. 244 for PLU processing.
How PLUs are calculated:
- 15 hours = 1.5 PLUs
- 30 hours = 3 PLUs
- 45 hours = 4.5 PLUs