The goal of this CPE credit course it to provide Texas Region 10 teachers with an introductory knowledge of Google Drive applications, strategies and best practices for making use of them in the classroom, and an awareness of the potential benefits and challenges of implementation. Region 10 teachers will gain experience with Google Docs, Slides, Forms, and Sheets, as well as an exposure to other applications available through Google Drive. They will also explore ways to optimize these tools to meet instructional objectives and improve the overall student experience by eliminating obstacles that prevent some students from succeeding.
In the final project, educators will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that incorporates several Google Drive applications. The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the applications, implementation strategies, and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique needs and challenges of his or her students.
As a result of this course, Texas Region 10 teachers will:
- Identify the key features and functions of Google Drive applications.
- Assess the potential usefulness of Google Drive applications in their classrooms.
- Create classroom tools, resources, and assessments that effectively utilize Google Drive applications.
- Predict the potential challenges and benefits of implementing Google Drive applications.
- Create a plan for the effective implementation of Google Drive applications into their classrooms.
Enrollment is a two-step process:
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with Region 10 ESC by going to Region 10 Education Service Center.
- Once you have registered, Region 10 will email you a prepaid enrollment code to use to enroll at CE Credits Online.
- Begin at CE Credits Online Texas Region 10
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 180 days from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the registration or payment process through Region 10, please contact:
CPE Credit: All courses are approved for CPE credit.
Upon Course Completion:
Obtaining Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses.
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- Select the university (see University Partners tab) from whom you want your credits--the university or universities that are providing credits for a specific course are listed in the drop down in each course description.
- Email email@example.com to let us know you are completed and which university you have selected for your credits.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits ($55/credit).
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Obtaining CPE Credits
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and our CPE Provider number.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.