The last section will show you how to integrate these skills into several language arts lessons which then you will apply this knowledge to create a lesson of your own. This course features over 45 videos comprising over five hours of core video-based training, allowing you to see a credentialed teacher/ certified trainer actually using an interactive whiteboard system. The skills and their integration into language arts instruction covered in this course are designed to be transferable to any hardware or software platform.
Although having access to any brand of digital whiteboard is not required, it will greatly enhance your learning experience. Most of the software applications referenced are available as free downloadable trials and are compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Most lessons in this course demonstrate hardware and software features through the use of core and auxiliary videos. Core videos, which are embedded in the web page, have been created and professionally produced specifically for this course and feature a digital whiteboard system from SMART Technologies. Auxiliary videos, which can be accessed via web links, have been produced by others and feature different digital whiteboard systems.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify components of an interactive whiteboard system
- Discuss current research in instructional technology as it applies to your classroom
- Understand how to use specific skills including basic operations, manipulating graphics and objects, overlay tools, and integrating peripheral products
- Practice using software used in an interactive whiteboard system
- Identify how skills covered in this course can enhance and transform many math lessons
- Apply skills learned in this course to develop your own math lesson
- Discuss challenges and successes in using interactive whiteboard systems in your classroom
Enrollment is a two-step process:
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with Region 10 ESC by going to Region 10 Education Service Center.
- Once you have registered, Region 10 will email you a prepaid enrollment code to use to enroll at CE Credits Online.
- Begin at CE Credits Online Texas Region 10
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 180 days from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the registration or payment process through Region 10, please contact:
CPE Credit: All courses are approved for CPE credit.
Upon Course Completion:
Obtaining Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses.
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- Select the university (see University Partners tab) from whom you want your credits--the university or universities that are providing credits for a specific course are listed in the drop down in each course description.
- Email email@example.com to let us know you are completed and which university you have selected for your credits.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits ($55/credit).
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Obtaining CPE Credits
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and our CPE Provider number.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.