How can you motivate your students? What are best practices for teaching students with special needs? How will current policy debates affect what happens in your classroom? What are the best ways to integrate new technology? There are so many complicated issues teachers face that, sometimes, being a teacher can feel like trying to juggle--while playing the piano.
This course develops strategies for excellent teaching through an in-depth study of educational psychology, individual differences, classroom management, materials selection, student assessment, and educational policy debates.
Participants will be able to:
- Comprehend how children grow and learn and apply this knowledge.
- Appreciate individual differences among students and know how to create an environment where all children excel.
- Study principles of motivation and their application.
- Learn techniques for creating a classroom environment that is most conducive to learning.
- Understand best practices for choosing instructional materials, including technology integration.
- Learn how to teach students the skills that will be necessary for their success in the 21st century.
- Explore the principles of authentic assessment and their application.
- Understand current policy issues in American education and their implications.
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Begin at https://www.cecreditsonline.org/collections/rock-island-roe-49
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 180 days from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credit Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development university credits for our courses. Most Illinois educators choose Humboldt State University for their credits.
- View the University Partners tab for more information about our Partners.
- Upon completion, email CE Credits Online (www.cecreditsonline.org) to let us know you are completed and you have selected the university from which you wish your credits.
- CE Credits Online will email you your instructions, including how to make payment.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected (on the 1st or the 16th of each month).
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade. This process can take 4-6 weeks.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- All the courses listed may be used to meet your Illinois Rock Island ROE #49 recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- Required Illinois Clock Hour forms will be emailed to you, along with instructions. To obtain Clock Hours, please follow the instructions carefully.