This course provides teachers and administrators with a persuasive and effective strategy for conferencing with uncooperative or difficult parents. This 7-step interview will move parents from being part of the problem to being committed participants in the solution.
Participants will be able to:
- Investigate a technique designed to improve teacher/parent interaction.
- Perform the skill and develop mastery of the technique.
- Adopt Safety, Order, and Rights, and utilize it as a fundamental tool for teacher/parent interaction.
Savannah-Chatham County Schools is sponsoring the courses listed here for selected participants, tuition free, to assist in achieving professional development goals. To inquire about eligibility for a pre-paid course, please contact:
Kaye Aikens in Staff Development at email@example.com.
To enroll in these courses: you will need a Prepaid Enrollment Code obtained from SCCPSS Staff Development
- Begin at https://www.cecreditsonline.org/collections/savannah-chatham
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign In information.
- You have 6 months (180 days) from your enrollment date to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
- If you want university credit for your course, upon completion of your course, email email@example.com to let us know you have completed and that you wish university credits.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you select Adams State University, the cost per credit is $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Professional Learning Units (PLUs) Courses:
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- Please contact Kaye Aikens in Staff Development at firstname.lastname@example.org for PLU processing.