There are multiple opportunities for teachers to grow professionally and improve their professional teaching practice. This course supports that effort by empowering teachers to incorporate a peer coaching model into their regular instructional practice. Throughout this course, participants will learn how peer coaching can improve student learning by offering teachers a methodical way to collaborate and make instructional decisions based on outside observation, data, and reflection. This course supports teachers in building relationships with their colleagues in order to have effective communication and productive conferencing, as both a coach and coaching partner.
First, teachers will learn the definition, purpose and role of a peer coach. Learners will also acquire several methods for observing classrooms and collecting data to plan better lessons and assessments, as well as addressing other classroom issues such as student behavior and individual teacher practices. Participants will learn how to effectively utilize planning tools, such as the Peer Coaching Action Plan, the Collaborative Lesson Planning Form, and the Coaching Conference form throughout the course. Peer coaching involves collaboration among all colleagues. Learners will develop two-way communication and planning techniques that allow teachers to help each other, as opposed to one teacher taking responsibility for another teacher’s professional growth. This format of coaching provides all teachers the opportunity to learn and grow.
Learners in this course will also gain effective methods of data analysis and observation to drive achievable goals and meaningful outcomes. Through reflection of the peer coaching process, teachers can affect student achievement as both a coachee and a coach.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select from two options of the courses:
- Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to obtain your PLUs). See the important information on the PLU process in the Credits tab.
- Course + Credits (which includes the credit fees, and you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records and/or for PLUs and you will receive an official University transcript.
- Add the course(s) to your Cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course Only Courses for PLUs
- All of the courses listed can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs in Southwest GA RESA for PLUs. (Always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- To obtain your PLUs, email a copy of your Certificate of Completion to:
Director of Professional Learning
Southwest Georgia RESA
How PLUs are calculated:
- 15 hours = 1.5 PLUs
- 30 hours = 3 PLUs
- 45 hours = 4.5 PLUs
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. Review the University Partners tab for more information.
- All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to receive your credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.