This CPE course for is designed to walk Texas K-12 teachers through the steps of creating a classroom culture plan that establishes an orderly yet exciting classroom where students can and want to do the hard work that is required to learn and succeed. The foundation of this course is uncovering what motivates students in order to ensure that what is communicated to them is relevant, meaningful, and engaging. Strategies are also shared for developing positive and trusting peer-to-peer, teacher-to-student, and parent-teacher relationships.
In addition to designing a classroom culture plan that emphasizes motivation and engagement, teachers will learn two verbal techniques that help keep behaviors optimal and in line with the expectations in the classroom. The techniques are constructed to teach students about making choices, consequences and likely outcomes that result from their choices. Throughout this course, you will learn strategies for teaching students how to monitor and regulate their own behavior.
This course also recognizes the importance of clear expectations and procedures to effective classroom management. The Safety, Order and Rights value set is presented as one framework for clarifying and communicating the classroom expectations, and is compatible with other value sets that simply and easily communicate the rationale for expectations and procedures. Texas teachers will learn how to effectively teach procedures to students, and establish rules in a manner that invests students in upholding them.
Texas K-12 teachers will be able to:
- the importance of classroom management and the relationship between engaging work, student behavior, and learning outcomes.
- Explore theories of motivation and behavior management, and apply these theories to the creation of a classroom culture plan.
- Explain how to begin implementing PBIS and give examples of both preventative and responsive positive discipline techniques.
- Explain how to effectively redirect students and implement logical consequences using firm yet respectful teacher language.
- Describe the most effective way to develop, introduce, and/or reinforce classroom rules and procedures.
We offer online professional development courses for teachers in Texas that are eligible for Graduate-level Professional Development Credit and CPE credits towards Texas State License Renewal.
TEA-approved CPE providers list.
- Texas Approved CPE Provider # 500-494 (Since 2004)
- Our provider name is: CPE Credits Online
To Enroll in a Course:
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your CPE credits).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eClassroom Sign In. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Course + Credit Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See our University Partners tab. All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
- Upon enrollment, you will select the University from which you wish your credits.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course, and, upon completion, email firstname.lastname@example.org asking to sign-up for graduate credit through Adams State University. Cost is $55 per credit.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- CE Credits Online is an approved provider of CPE credits. TEA-approved CPE providers list. (always check with your district to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.