The goal of this course is to provide participants with a foundational knowledge of how to effectively create and teach in a technology-rich classroom environment. The first half of the course is an examination of the relationship between students and technology, how it impacts learning (both positively and negatively), and the evolving roles and skill sets required of teachers in order to leverage technology to meet the needs of their students. Once this framework is established, participants will begin an exploration of a variety of web-based tools and mobile applications, evaluating the potential impact that each could have in their classrooms.
In the final project, participants will put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the course to use in order to outline an instructional unit that thoughtfully incorporates several technology tools The unit plan will demonstrate the participant’s knowledge of the tools, implementation strategies, and best practices explored throughout the course, as well as an understanding of the unique learning styles, needs, and challenges of his or her students. It will conclude with a reflection of the participant’s own teaching philosophy and practices, and what, if any, adjustments they may need to make to effectively deliver the instructional unit.
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Evaluate the potential for technology-enriched instruction to engage and teach today’s learners.
- Explore the impact of the Digital Divide on student learning and classroom instruction.
- Define the role of the teacher in creating and managing a technology-rich classroom environment.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of implementing various web- and application-based technologies in the classroom.
- Integrate a variety of web-based tools and mobile applications into an instructional unit.
We offer online professional development courses for teachers in Texas that are eligible for Graduate-level Professional Development Credit and CPE credits towards Texas State License Renewal.
TEA-approved CPE providers list.
- Texas Approved CPE Provider # 500-494 (Since 2004)
- Our provider name is: CPE Credits Online
To Enroll in a Course:
- Choose the version of this course you would like to take: Course + Credit (you will receive an official University transcript) or Course Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your CPE credits).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your course at eClassroom Sign In. You have 6 months (180 days) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course + Credit Courses
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See our University Partners tab. All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
- Upon enrollment, you will select the University from which you wish your credits.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course, and, upon completion, email email@example.com asking to sign-up for graduate credit through Adams State University. Cost is $55 per credit.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- CE Credits Online is an approved provider of CPE credits. TEA-approved CPE providers list. (always check with your district to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.