Transforming Language Arts Instruction with Interactive Whiteboard Systems
Regular price $0.00 45 Hours Sale
This course will introduce you to the transformative possibilities that interactive whiteboard systems can have on your language arts curriculum. An interactive whiteboard system is comprised of many separate components from many companies, but when integrated into a whole system, it becomes a powerful instructional tool in the hands of a trained teacher. The first section of this course will provide a brief overview of different digital whiteboard systems and current research of their effectiveness in the classroom. The next section will build a strong foundation of skills necessary to successfully control the hardware and software used. These skills include basic operations, manipulating graphics and objects, overlay tools, and integrating peripheral products.
The last section will show you how to integrate these skills into several language arts lessons which then you will apply this knowledge to create a lesson of your own. This course features over 45 videos comprising over five hours of core video-based training, allowing you to see a credentialed teacher/ certified trainer actually using an interactive whiteboard system. The skills and their integration into language arts instruction covered in this course are designed to be transferable to any hardware or software platform.
Although having access to any brand of digital whiteboard is not required, it will greatly enhance your learning experience. Most of the software applications referenced are available as free downloadable trials and are compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Most lessons in this course demonstrate hardware and software features through the use of core and auxiliary videos. Core videos, which are embedded in the web page, have been created and professionally produced specifically for this course and feature a digital whiteboard system from SMART Technologies. Auxiliary videos, which can be accessed via web links, have been produced by others and feature different digital whiteboard systems.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify components of an interactive whiteboard system
- Discuss current research in instructional technology as it applies to your classroom
- Understand how to use specific skills including basic operations, manipulating graphics and objects, overlay tools, and integrating peripheral products
- Practice using software used in an interactive whiteboard system
- Identify how skills covered in this course can enhance and transform many math lessons
- Apply skills learned in this course to develop your own math lesson
- Discuss challenges and successes in using interactive whiteboard systems in your classroom