Promotions for LAUSD Teachers
This professional development course is for LAUSD K-12 teachers and is available for salary advancement and recertification.
This online course equips teacher learners with the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure that all students are empowered to become proficient problem solvers and communicators of mathematics. This goal is pursued through a language-centered approach that highlights the essential role of communication in developing students’ capacities for comprehension, critical thinking, and clear exposition of mathematical ideas. Emphasis is placed on leveraging students’ community-based knowledge and honoring the multitude of preferred modes of learning and self-expression.
As a result of this professional learning course, educators will:
- Explain the important role of problem solving skills and mathematical literacy in preparing students to navigate an increasingly technical and data-driven society
- Engage and empower students to become critical participants in society by showing them how math can be used to investigate realistic and relatable sociocultural issues
- Mitigate against the deleterious effects of math anxiety and negative math attitudes by cultivating a psychologically safe and multiculturally affirming classroom environment
- Teach and model a structured, yet flexible approach to problem solving that is characterized by productive struggle and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Utilize a variety of strategies and downloadable resources to provide students regular opportunities to speak, write, and otherwise communicate their mathematical understanding
- Conduct meaningful multimodal assessment that honors the multitude of preferred learning styles and modes of expression without sacrificing mathematical rigor
Get your LAUSD salary points today!
View: LAUSD Salary Allocation Table