ABC's of Virtual Teaching
3 Credits | 45 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
This course provides you with an introduction to teaching in a virtual environment including an overview of the current state of online learning and best practices for online course delivery instruction. Participants will explore essential elements of teaching in a virtual environment including design principles, building community, promoting and managing collaboration, as well as logistics and monitoring student progress.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of virtual learning
- Recognize the knowledge, skills, and disposition needed for a K-12 educator in an online learning environment.
- Distinguish various course technologies and functionality of Learning Management Systems
- Differentiate appropriate communication guidelines for virtual instruction
- Apply best practices of effective and engaging virtual instruction
- Assess specific approaches to promote academic rigor in online courses
To Enroll in a Course:
- If you need a certificate of completion only ( for PTSB Renewal Units ), choose the Course Only option. Or…
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
Course + Credits Courses
We have partnered with a number of regionally-accredited universities who provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See the University Partners tab. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your Wyoming PTSB recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
Obtaining Renewal Credits*
This must be done within 30 days of completing your CE Credits Online course(s)
Email or fax a copy of your Certificate of Completion to: