Building Classroom Culture
3 Credits | 45 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
The goal of this course is to provide teachers with proven strategies and tools for creating and maintaining a healthy classroom culture. You will explore the key tenets of social emotional learning, culturally-responsive teaching, and equitable practices as a framework through which they can build and support a positive culture in their classrooms. They will explore how their experiences, teaching practices, the selection of learning materials, assessment strategies, and interactions with families, colleagues, and the community shape the culture of their classroom.
As a result of this course, teachers will:
- Identify the key tenets of social-emotional learning, culturally responsive teaching, and equitable educational practices.
- Explore strategies for building community with and among their students, families, colleagues, and the community.
- Examine the impact of instructional practices, assessment strategies, material selection, and the Digital Divide on classroom culture.
- Devise actionable steps towards creating a more positive classroom culture.
To Enroll in a Course:
- If you need a certificate of completion only, choose the Course Only option. Or…
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with a number of regionally-accredited universities. See University Partners tab for information about our regionally-accredited university partners.
- All courses taken for graduate-level professional development credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the university you selected.
- Graduate Credits are available through Adams State University. Graduate-level professional development credits are available through Valley City State University and Humboldt State University. The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option (credits not included) that can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.