Creating School Environments Free from Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
3 Credits | 45 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
Children in our schools need to be free of fear and distress in order to develop fully academically, socially, and emotionally. Sadly, many students have been subject to harassment, intimidation, and bullying in schools. The situation is worse when students are discriminated against or targeted for their immutable characteristics. These include, but are not limited to, sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, and ELL status. This course will examine bullying through the framework of Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying (HIB) law and theory - which is the foundation of many states’ anti-bullying policies.
Teachers in this course will begin the course by learning about the threat of harassment, intimidation, discrimination, and bullying - and the legal and ethical responsibilities of educators to counteract these harmful acts. Educators will also analyze various case studies to see how the issues may play out in a real-life scenario. This information and analysis include hostile acts such as bullying and hate speech, and also systemic problems that prevent access to the curriculum or programs for certain students.
The remainder of the course will focus on creating proactive steps to implement in your own classroom and school. teachers will learn how to create a welcoming classroom atmosphere for all students and will create a positive classroom environment plan. Participants will learn about research-based practices in anti-bullying, character education, and school climate. Additionally, learning educators synthesis all course learning into a school wide action plan to prevent discriminatory harassment and bullying.
Overall, teachers in this class will help educators foster a classroom and school environment that is free of discrimination and uplift all students. These efforts may be required and vital for students from traditionally marginalized groups - but implementation will benefit everyone in the school. The course supports the physical and emotional safety of each and every student. Each student will grow and develop best in an inclusive school where everyone is free to pursue their academic and social development free of judgment, harassment, and bullying.
To Enroll in a Course:
- If you need a certificate of completion only, choose the Course Only option. Or…
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with a number of regionally-accredited universities. See University Partners tab for information about our regionally-accredited university partners.
- All courses taken for graduate-level professional development credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the university you selected.
- Graduate Credits are available through Adams State University. Graduate-level professional development credits are available through Valley City State University and Humboldt State University. The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to receive your credits from Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course, and, upon completion, email firstname.lastname@example.org asking for for graduate credit through Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55, and you will be emailed instructions.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option (credits not included) that can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.