Classroom and Behavior Management Strategies that Work
3 Credits | 45 Clock Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
This course is designed to walk Teachers through the steps of creating a classroom culture plan that establishes an orderly yet exciting classroom where students can and want to do the hard work that is required to learn and succeed. The foundation of this course is uncovering what motivates students in order to ensure that what is communicated to them is relevant, meaningful, and engaging. Strategies are also shared for developing positive and trusting peer-to-peer, teacher-to-student, and parent-teacher relationships.
In addition to designing a classroom culture plan that emphasizes motivation and engagement, you will learn two verbal techniques that help keep behaviors optimal and in line with the expectations in the classroom. The techniques are constructed to teach students about making choices, consequences and likely outcomes that result from their choices. Throughout this course, Teachers will learn strategies for teaching students how to monitor and regulate their own behavior.
This course also recognizes the importance of clear expectations and procedures to effective classroom management. The Safety, Order and Rights value set is presented as one framework for clarifying and communicating the classroom expectations and is compatible with other value sets that simply and easily communicate the rationale for expectations and procedures. Teachers will learn how to effectively teach procedures to students and establish rules in a manner that invests students in upholding them.Objectives:
Teachers will be able to:
- Understand the importance of classroom management and the relationship between engaging work, student behavior, and learning outcomes.
- Explore theories of motivation and behavior management, and apply these theories to the creation of a classroom culture plan.
- Explain how to begin implementing PBIS and give examples of both preventative and responsive positive discipline techniques.
- Explain how to effectively redirect students and implement logical consequences using firm yet respectful teacher language.
- Describe the most effective way to develop, introduce, and/or reinforce classroom rules and procedures.
- If you want Clock Hours only, select the Course Only option. You will receive a Certificate of Completion when you finish the course, which you will use to obtain your Clock Hours.
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
To Receive your Clock Hours:
Requirements Necessary to Validate your completion:
- Your Certificate of Completion
Once you complete your course, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.
Forward your Certificate to:
Mary Kempel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once validated you will receive an email from pdEnroller that clock hours are available to purchase in your online account.
If you already have an account in pdEnroller you may log in and purchase, then print a transcript. If it is your first time visiting pdEnroller you MUST activate your account first by selecting the prompt at the top of the screen.
Clock Hours are $3 per hour.