ABC's of Virtual Teaching
3 Credits | 45 Clock Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
This course provides Washington State Educational Service District 171 teachers with an introduction to teaching in a virtual environment including an overview of the current state of online learning and best practices for online course delivery instruction. Washington State teachers will explore essential elements of teaching in a virtual environment including design principles, building community, promoting and managing collaboration, as well as logistics and monitoring student progress.
ESD 171 Teachers will be able to:
- Identify the benefits and challenges of virtual learning
- Recognize the knowledge, skills, and disposition needed for a K-12 educator in an online learning environment.
- Distinguish various course technologies and functionality of Learning Management Systems
- Differentiate appropriate communication guidelines for virtual instruction
- Apply best practices of effective and engaging virtual instruction
- Assess specific approaches to promote academic rigor in online courses
- If you want Clock Hours only, select the Course Only option. You will receive a Certificate of Completion when you finish the course, which you will use to obtain your Clock Hours.
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
Upon Course Completion:
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. All courses taken for graduate credit receive both a Certificate of Completion and a University Transcript for your records.
- Upon completion of your course, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want university credits and which university you have selected for those credits from our list of regionally-accredited university partners. See University Partners tab.
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Obtaining Clock Hours
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed. This Certificate of Completion is required to obtain your Clock Hours.
- Upon receipt of your Certificate of Completion, send a copy of it to Kayla at North Central ESD, email@example.com.
- Kayla will mark your course as complete.
- You will then be able to complete a quick evaluation and purchase your Clock Hours.
- Questions? Contact Kayla Langston at 509-667-7115 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.