Providing Effective Feedback to Foster Student Learning
3 Salary Points | 112.5 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
This course will explore the positive impact of providing frequent and effective feedback to students. Teachers will characterize the critical nature of feedback in the learning process and identify key strategies for improving their current practices. The components of effective feedback, types of feedback, tools for providing feedback, and potential barriers to implementation will be examined. In addition, participants will explore strategies for sharing feedback about student learning with parents and other stakeholders, as well as the importance of collecting feedback about their teaching as a tool for self-reflection and continual improvement.
In each module, teachers will approach the ideas and strategies being explored from an equity stance for students of all levels, identities, backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs. The concepts and practices associated with equitable education, inclusive language, culturally-responsive learning and teaching, trauma-informed teaching, accessibility, the Digital Divide, and inherent bias are interwoven throughout the course.
Throughout the course, you will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve and adapt current practices.
Enrolling in a Course:
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to add your LAUSD Employee ID number and School Name on your “My Account” page. This only needs to be done once.
LAUSD teachers are able to submit up to 12 credits/salary points from CE Credits Online per trimester (Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec).
Receiving Salary Points
- Upon completion, your completion paperwork will be submitted directly to the LAUSD Professional Development Unit by CE Credits Online along with the NA Claim for Staff Development Point Project form at the beginning of the following month.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK If you decide to request graduate credits for your completed course, the official transcript you receive from the university will be for your own personal records. Each course can only be submitted once, and we will provide all necessary paperwork to LAUSD.
- Salary point credit approval for NA Forms is done by the Professional Development Unit and may take up to 3 months to process. The delay in processing your salary points will not affect the eligibility date of your schedule advancement, as they are backdated to the date of completion. If the points from your NA Form have not been posted to your account on the LAUSD website at the end of 3 months, please contact the Salary Allocation Unit at 213-241-5100.
- We highly recommend that you check the number of salary points you have in your account before you complete your CE Credits Online course(s). Then check again eight weeks after receiving notification on your Student Homepage that your completion paperwork has been processed and submitted to the Salary Point Committee by CE Credits Online. Since the new salary points are added to your account without identifying the coursework for which you earned the Salary Points this will help you to identify receiving the additional salary point(s).
- You may check the status of your Salary Points.
Receiving Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Upon completion, email email@example.com and let us know you have completed the course, which university you have selected (see University Partners).
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for and obtain the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all necessary documentation to the university you selected enabling you to receive an official transcript.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.