Humboldt State University
- Pricing & Details
(You Save: $30.00)
- Number of:
3.0000 university semester credits, 4.0000 university quarter credits
(university fees are additional)
Collaboration and communication are essential to meeting the goal of all students learning well. Coaching is a proven and practical vehicle for staff members, mentors and administrative evaluators to use in guiding each teacher to intentional best practice that will ensure student learning.
This course details the process of collaboration and communication that promotes quality outcomes in terms of student learning. By establishing a mutual purpose, mutual respect, individual commitment and using a variety of effective coaching communication skills, staff members can maximize the expertise, skill, and talent of coaching partners…. They learn from each other. The online format allows for reflection, practice, observation and analysis and application of skills to current settings. Emphasis is upon intentional best practice, celebration of success, planning for increased effectiveness in subsequent observational episodes and relationship maintenance. While the emphasis of the course is on establishing an effective coaching team, individuals also report that the process of taking the course enhances their instructional, assessment and classroom management skills.
- Understand the role of coaching in intentional best practice
- Understand the different purposes and uses of coaching
- Observe and analyze coaching episodes
- Self-analyze their own prior knowledge about coaching experiences
- Identify specific and guiding questions they want to answer with respect to coaching
- Distinguish between what makes an effective and an ineffective coach
- Explain the importance of trust and identify behaviors that will enhance trust in a coaching relationship
- Establish clear expectations for coaching partnerships
- Understand the importance of active listening and essential questions in coaching experiences
- Separate competence from performance of a single teaching episode
- Explain what is meant by confidentiality in the coaching experience
- Understand the varied roles that are played by coaches
- Understand that student learning is the bottom line in effective instruction
- Separate style from lesson content
- Understand the different purpose of peer coaching, mentoring and evaluation
- Explain how coaching can add meaning and purpose to teacher evaluation
- Understand the role of enduring knowledge in effective instructional planning
- Distinguish between a learning and a activity
- Design/select essential questions to guide the planning process
- Practice lesson planning and essential questioning with a partner
- Practice using a variety of methods for data collection
- Practice a variety of observation strategies through video analysis and scripted lessons
- Practice with lesson planning and observation with colleagues
- Understand the role of self-reflection in the coaching process
- Analyze a variety of possible essential questions to spur reflective practice
- Evaluate a coaching conference against specific standards of performance
- Understand and practice using Principles of Constructive Feedback
- Identify language that builds bridges and language that builds walls in conferencing
- Conduct a coaching conference
- Plan time to engage in coaching experiences through Coaching Action Plan
Course Description, Enrollment and Pricing
Humboldt State University
CE Credits Online and Humboldt State University Extended Education are pleased to offer you online professional development courses designed to improve teaching and student achievement.
- Asynchronous – start at any time
- Self-paced – work at your own convenience
- Completely online – no commuting, parking, missed classes and no dress code!
- User friendly and engaging with numerous videos that model new strategies and skills
- Facilitated by highly trained moderators.
Humboldt State University (HSU):
HSU offers post baccalaureate, 700 level credits based on a semester system
. The credit fee due from the student is $46 per credit.
Initiating Your University Credit Request
CE Credits Online is the course provider and Humboldt State University is the accrediting institution. The HSU Office of Extended Education issues the university credit, and there is a fee of $50 per credit. Upon completion of your course, you have two weeks to apply and pay for university credit. University credit fees are not included in the price listed.
Once we have verified that all your coursework is completed and approved, and we have received the credit fees, your paperwork, along with the fees, will be sent to Humboldt State University for processing at the end of each month. The processing of your credits can take up to 6-8 weeks from the time of your request.
For more information regarding this process you may visit University Affiliations.
Information for California
California State Information
WHAT IS NEEDED TO RENEW A PROFESSIONAL CLEAR CREDENTIAL
To renew a Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Services, and Specialist Professional Clear Credential, you must complete the following three requirements at five-year intervals:
Complete an individual program of professional growth activities that consists of a minimum of 150 clock-hours of participation in activities that contribute to competence, performance, or effectiveness in the profession of education. This requirement is referred to as the professional growth requirement.
Serve successfully in a certificated position or in another professional capacity in a public or private preschool, elementary school, middle school, or secondary school for the equivalent of at least one-half of a school year. This requirement is referred to as the professional service requirement.
Submission of Materials
Submit to the Commission a completed Renewal & Reissuance Application form (41-REN) with the self-verification section completed and the current processing fee. You do not need to submit the Professional Growth Plan and Record or the Verification of Successful Service forms with your application for renewal; however, the Commission reserves the right to request submission of these forms for auditing purposes any time within one year following submission of the application.
The key to the professional clear renewal is working with a professional growth advisor. The advisor serves as your mentor, helping you to set goals that will be valuable to your growth. The advisor also discusses professional growth activities that will contribute to your competence, performance, or effectiveness as an educator. The advisor verifies you have completed your professional growth activities.
Referenced from California
Why choose CE Credits Online
How CE Credits Online courses satisfy the individual program of professional growth activities
You may complete one or more college or university courses.
Acceptable courses include lower division, upper division, or graduate level courses offered on campus, off campus, or through extension by any regionally-accredited two-year or four-year college or university, in California or outside of this state. Courses may be taken for college credit. Courses must be completed, and the credential holder must earn a grade of C or better in courses that are taken for credit (or a pass in courses taken on a “pass or fail” basis). Clock-hours recorded on the Plan and Record form are restricted to time spent in class, time spent in laboratory or discussion sections that are associated with the class, and time spent on out-of-class assignments that you and your professional growth advisor agree would qualify as activities in categories 2 through 7. For example, you could record time spent on an individual study that was part of a college course, provided you examine a specified topic, produce a written report or other tangible product, and evaluate the individual project and its product. If time spent seated in the classroom is longer than the times listed in the conversion table, an explanation will be needed. Required lab work is an example of when extra time might be recorded. Time spent completing routine out-of-class assignments, such as reading assignments or preparing for tests, may not be recorded.
Once you complete your selected CE Credits Online course you may request university credits from Humboldt State University.
Semester Unit.................................... 15 Clock-Hours
You may request university, post baccalaureate, academic credit(s) from CE Credits Online partner university, Humboldt State University. CE Credits Online suggests California teachers contact their professional growth advisor to obtain verification that the proposed activity meets criteria and needs of the teacher's individual Professional Development Plan (PDP), his/her school's professional development plan, and the local school system's professional development plan.
Link to Humboldt State University