- Which of these laws still exist in the United States?
A. Women cannot wear sleeveless tops of dresses to Congress.
B. In most states, child marriage is legal with parental consent.
C. In Massachusetts, you cannot advertise birth control through the mail.
D. All of the Above
- America was founded in 1776. When were women allowed to own and inherit property?
- When did the physical assault of a woman become a crime?
- When were white women given the right to vote?
- When were Asian women given the right to vote?
- When were Native American women given the right to vote?
- When were Black women given the right to vote?
- When were Hispanic women given the right to vote?
- When was the Equal Credit Opportunity Act signed into law that allowed women to own a credit card separate from their husband?
- When was the Divorce Reform Act signed allowing divorce after being separated for two years (or five years if only one spouse wanted a divorce)?
- Who became the first woman on the Supreme Court in 1981?
A. Justice Sandra Day O’Connor
B. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
C. Justice Elena Kagan
D. Justice Sonia Sotomayor
Answers: 1. D 2. B 3. C 4. C 5. D 6. C 7. D 8. B 9. A 10. B 11. A