Building Classroom Culture
3 P or A+ Credits | 45 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
The goal of this course is to provide teachers with proven strategies and tools for creating and maintaining a healthy classroom culture. You will explore the key tenets of social emotional learning, culturally-responsive teaching, and equitable practices as a framework through which they can build and support a positive culture in their classrooms. They will explore how their experiences, teaching practices, the selection of learning materials, assessment strategies, and interactions with families, colleagues, and the community shape the culture of their classroom.
As a result of this course, teachers will:
- Identify the key tenets of social-emotional learning, culturally responsive teaching, and equitable educational practices.
- Explore strategies for building community with and among their students, families, colleagues, and the community.
- Examine the impact of instructional practices, assessment strategies, material selection, and the Digital Divide on classroom culture.
- Devise actionable steps towards creating a more positive classroom culture.
How to Register and Enroll
To complete enrollment you must register and pay for each course on both the CE Credits Online website and the ASPDP site.
- Add the course(s) to your Cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log-in to your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to login to your eClassroom
- Important: Course participants must be sure to register with ASPDP for each CE Credits Online course on the NYC DOE ASPDP website. Our courses are in the ASPDP course catalog using the Education Partner drop-down menu by selecting CE Credits Online. At that time, you will pay a registration fee to NYC DOE ASPDP. The fee is $125 for a 3-credit course or $45 for a 1-credit course.
- You may begin your course on the first day of the semester or upon enrollment (if the semester is already in progress).
- Please Read the ASPDP FAQs for more information. Courses must be completed by the end of each semester to receive credit. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
“P” Credit, A+ Credit and CTLE hour Requirements
Courses are available for “P” credits and A+ Credits for NYC Salary Differentials and/or CTLE hours.
Credits Earned: 1 or 3 “P” Credits or A+ Credits and/or 15 or 45 CTLE Hours.
You can take up to 12 Credits per provider each semester.
You must earn your 30 credits above your master’s degree to qualify for a salary differential. Your NYCDOE date of hire determines how many of these credits can be fulfilled by A+ credit, and/or other credits (i.e., P credit, graduate courses taken through a college or university, CLEP tests, and a 2nd Master’s degree):
- Fully appointed teacher hired on or after September 1, 2019 must obtain a minimum of 18 A+ credits in order to earn their salary differential unless they have already attained an additional Doctorate, or an additional Master’s in an approved related area as determined by the Joint Accreditation Committee (JAC).
- Fully appointed teacher hired on or after September 1, 2017 but before September 1, 2019 must obtain a minimum of 6 A+ credits towards their differential unless they already earned their salary differential before September 1, 2019.
- Fully appointed teachers hired before September 1, 2017 are not required to use A+ credits to obtain their salary differential. If they choose to submit A+ credits towards their salary differential, they must obtain a minimum of 6 A+ credits.
All ASPDP courses can count toward A+ or P credit. You must register with ASPDP by the registration deadline to earn credit toward your +30. You will not be eligible for credit toward your salary differential if you do not register with ASPDP by the deadline.