Distance Learning - From Construction to Instruction
3 Credits | 45 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
The goal of this course is to provide K-12 teachers with a framework of the skills, strategies, and tools necessary for designing, building, and facilitating a fully online or blended learning experience for students of all levels, identities, backgrounds and beliefs. The course begins with a focus on the shifting mindset, qualities, and skills required of teachers transitioning from a traditional classroom to an online or blended classroom, as well as an exploration of the Digital Divide and its implications and impact on students in this new learning environment.
Teachers will take this foundation through the remainder of the course as they examine strategies and tools for designing the structure, content, assessment strategy, and interactions that make up an effective online or blended classroom. Throughout the course, participants will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve and adapt current practices for the online and blended learning environments.
As a result of this course, teachers will:
- Define the roles of the teacher in creating and facilitating an online or blended classroom environment.
- Explore the impact of the Digital Divide on student learning and classroom instruction.
- Employ effective design models, concepts, strategies, and tools in the creation of an online/blended learning classroom.
- Outline a plan for the creation and facilitation of an engaging online/blended learning community.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Develop a working journal of ideas for effectively implementing technology tools in ways that benefit online and blended teaching and learning.
- Outline a framework for evaluating tools and strategies in the context of online and blended learning.
- Build an online/blended unit in a learning management system that effectively incorporates several technology tools, in a variety of ways, and addresses instructional objectives, student engagement, and the potential impact of the Digital Divide, as well as other common strategies and objectives.
To Enroll in a Course:
- If you need a certificate of completion only, choose the Course Only option. Or…
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
Course + Credits Courses
- We have partnered with a number of regionally-accredited universities. See University Partners tab for information about our regionally-accredited university partners.
- All courses taken for graduate-level professional development credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the university you selected.
- Graduate Credits are available through Adams State University. Graduate-level professional development credits are available through Valley City State University and Humboldt State University. The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option (credits not included) that can be used to meet your recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.