Building Classroom Culture
3 CTLE Hours | 45 CTLE Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
The goal of this course is to provide teachers with proven strategies and tools for creating and maintaining a healthy classroom culture. You will explore the key tenets of social emotional learning, culturally-responsive teaching, and equitable practices as a framework through which they can build and support a positive culture in their classrooms. They will explore how their experiences, teaching practices, the selection of learning materials, assessment strategies, and interactions with families, colleagues, and the community shape the culture of their classroom.
As a result of this course, teachers will:
- Identify the key tenets of social-emotional learning, culturally responsive teaching, and equitable educational practices.
- Explore strategies for building community with and among their students, families, colleagues, and the community.
- Examine the impact of instructional practices, assessment strategies, material selection, and the Digital Divide on classroom culture.
- Devise actionable steps towards creating a more positive classroom culture.
To Enroll in a Course:
- Select the NYS CTLE hour course you wish to take.
- If you need a CTLE hour certificate of completion only, choose the Course Only option. Or…
- If you need an official transcript, choose the Course & University Credits option. See our University Partners page for more information about our regionally accredited university partners.
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to add the required information on your “My Account” page. This only needs to be done once and is required so it can be listed on your CTLE certificate of completion to receive your credit.
Course + Credits Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- Graduate Credits are available through Adams State University. Graduate-level professional development credits are available through Valley City State University and Humboldt State University. The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Course Only Courses
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course, the number of professional development hours completed and the CE Credits Online CTLE Sponsor ID Number.
- See Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Requirements for more information.
- CTLE Individual Record
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.