The 21st century classroom is becoming increasingly diverse. Our students represent diverse cultures and socioeconomic classes. They speak different languages at home and have varying immigration statuses. There is diversity of gender, gender expression and sexual orientation. Many students have special needs and represent various special populations. The research is clear that a one-size-fits-all approach to learning is not effective.
This course is guided by the essential question How can we create powerful learning experiences to meet the wide range of student needs in the 21st century classroom? and presents differentiation as a solution for answering this essential question and meeting the needs of a diverse student base.
This course will provide educators with the tools necessary to implement differentiation effectively in their classrooms. It provides tips and resources that educators can start utilizing immediately along with two authentic tasks and a final project that ask participants to think deeply about the subject matter and apply it to their students in meaningful ways.
Participants will be able to:
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Effectively differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Create a learning environment where students thrive.
- Create authentic performance assessments, both formative and summative, that have clear goals and accurately reflect student learning.
To Enroll in a Course:
- SelectCourse Only (you will receive a Certificate of Completion to use to obtain your Salary Points).
- Add the course to your Cart and continuing shopping, if you’d like to purchase more courses.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart. You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a coupon/discount, you will be asked to enter it during the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log into your course at eclassroom.cecreditsonline.org. You have 180 days from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email email@example.com.
Graduate-level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities to provide graduate-level professional development credits for all courses. Courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Credits may be requested from your account page.
- CE Credits Online will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- Note: If you would like to take courses with Adams State University, please purchase the Course Only version of the course and upon completion email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your graduate credits from Adams State University. Each graduate credit costs $55.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
- We offer all of our courses as a Course Only option that can be used to meet your LAUSD Independent Charter School recertification or professional development needs (always check with your district/state to determine eligibility).
- Course Only courses are eligible for Salary Points.
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed and should be submitted for Salary Points.
- The Certificate of Completion acts as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.