Distance Learning - From Construction to Instruction
3 Salary Points | 112.5 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
This professional development course is for K-12 LAUSD teachers and are available for salary advancement and recertification. The goal of this course is to provide teachers with a framework of the skills, strategies, and tools necessary for designing, building, and facilitating a fully online or blended learning experience for students of all levels, identities, backgrounds and beliefs. The course begins with a focus on the shifting mindset, qualities, and skills required of teachers transitioning from a traditional classroom to an online or blended classroom, as well as an exploration of the Digital Divide and its implications and impact on students in this new learning environment.
Teachers will take this foundation through the remainder of the course as they examine strategies and tools for designing the structure, content, assessment strategy, and interactions that make up an effective online or blended classroom. Throughout the course, LAUSD teachers will also be asked to reflect on their prior experience and apply the concepts and skills they learn to improve and adapt current practices for the online and blended learning environments.
As a result of this course, LAUSD educators will:
- Define the roles of the teacher in creating and facilitating an online or blended classroom environment.
- Explore the impact of the Digital Divide on student learning and classroom instruction.
- Employ effective design models, concepts, strategies, and tools in the creation of an online/blended learning classroom.
- Outline a plan for the creation and facilitation of an engaging online/blended learning community.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Develop a working journal of ideas for effectively implementing technology tools in ways that benefit online and blended teaching and learning.
- Outline a framework for evaluating tools and strategies in the context of online and blended learning.
- Build an online/blended unit in a learning management system that effectively incorporates several technology tools, in a variety of ways, and addresses instructional objectives, student engagement, and the potential impact of the Digital Divide, as well as other common strategies and objectives.
Get your LAUSD salary points today!
Enrolling in a Course:
- Add the course to your cart.
- When you are ready to check out, go to your cart, and click “Check Out”.
- You will be asked to log into your account or create a new account.
- Follow the enrollment and payment prompts. If you have a gift card or discount code, you will enter it at the end of the enrollment process.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt and be able to log in to your course at eClassroom Sign in. You have 180 days (about 6 months) from your purchase to complete your course.
- If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to add your LAUSD Employee ID number and School Name on your “My Account” page. This only needs to be done once.
LAUSD teachers are able to submit up to 12 credits/salary points from CE Credits Online per trimester (Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec).
Receiving Salary Points
- Upon completion, your completion paperwork will be submitted directly to the LAUSD Professional Development Unit by CE Credits Online along with the NA Claim for Staff Development Point Project form at the beginning of the following month.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK If you decide to request graduate credits for your completed course, the official transcript you receive from the university will be for your own personal records. Each course can only be submitted once, and we will provide all necessary paperwork to LAUSD.
- Salary point credit approval for NA Forms is done by the Professional Development Unit and may take up to 3 months to process. The delay in processing your salary points will not affect the eligibility date of your schedule advancement, as they are backdated to the date of completion. If the points from your NA Form have not been posted to your account on the LAUSD website at the end of 3 months, please contact the Salary Allocation Unit at 213-241-5100.
- We highly recommend that you check the number of salary points you have in your account before you complete your CE Credits Online course(s). Then check again eight weeks after receiving notification on your Student Homepage that your completion paperwork has been processed and submitted to the Salary Point Committee by CE Credits Online. Since the new salary points are added to your account without identifying the coursework for which you earned the Salary Points this will help you to identify receiving the additional salary point(s).
- You may check the status of your Salary Points.
Receiving Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- Upon completion, email email@example.com and let us know you have completed the course, which university you have selected (see University Partners).
- CE Credits Online will email you instructions on how to pay for and obtain the credits.
- CE Credits Online will forward all necessary documentation to the university you selected enabling you to receive an official transcript.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.