Stopping Disruptive Behavior
1 PLU | 15 Hours
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
This course will teach learners effective strategies for both preventing and responding to disruptive behavior from K-12 students. Module 1 focuses on strategies that aim to prevent disruptive behavior from occurring at all. These strategies include establishing clear rules and procedures, and using positive reinforcement to emphasize behavioral expectations.
Module 2 focuses on strategies for responding to disruptive behavior if and when it does occur. These strategies include a five-step verbal technique designed to stop disruptive behavior in its tracks, as well as a range of other strategies for handling low-level disruptions. The course will also cover how to select and deliver effective consequences that encourage students to reflect on the disruptive behavior, and make better choices about their behavior in the future.
The final project of this course asks learners to create an action plan mapping out how to handle a common scenario of disruptive student behavior that they are currently experiencing or have frequently experienced in the past (and anticipate experiencing again).
To Register/Enroll in a Course:
- Register with Pioneer RESA.
- Type “online” (without quotes) in the Search Box and select SEARCH.
- Once you find the course you want to register for, click on the course title and select Register at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the RESA Registration Process including payment (tuition).
- Once you have registered, Pioneer RESA will email you a prepaid enrollment code.
- Note the enrollment code and return to our Pioneer Resa PLUs page to enroll in your course. For additional information concerning these online courses please contact:
Susan Proctor, Professional Learning Coordinator at 706-865-2141 Ext. 244 or
Carly Dixon, Support Staff - Professional Learning, at 706-865-2141 Ext. 223.
- Begin at CE Credits Online Pioneer RESA.
- Select your course and click “Add to Cart”.
- Review cart and click “Login”.
- If you’re a new user, click “Create account”. If you’re a returning user, log in with your email and password.
- You will now be returned to the cart. Enter your enrollment code and click “Validate”.
- Click “Check Out”.
- Complete your order by entering your contact information. Click “Continue to Payment Method”. (You will not be charged or need to enter a credit card number)
- Click “Complete Order”.
- If you are a new user, you will receive an automated email from Schoology with your initial eClassroom Sign in information.
- You have 180 days from your enrollment date to complete your course.
Graduate-Level Professional Development Credits
- We have partnered with regionally-accredited universities who provide graduate-level professional development credits for our courses. See University Partners tab. All courses taken for graduate-level credit receive both a Certificate of Completion for your records and an official University Transcript.
- Upon completion of your course, please email CE Credits Online at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you wish university credits and from which university you wish to receive those credits. CE Credits Online will email you instructions and will forward all the required documentation to the University you selected, once you have paid for the credits. Credits are $55/credit.
- The University partner will process your course completion and provide a transcript that includes the name of the course, course number, number of credits, and your grade.
- You will receive directions on how to receive your transcript in email form, and you can also review the University Partners section of our website for more information.
- You must check with your district to ensure the credits received will meet your specific requirements. We will not be held responsible if your school, district or state does not accept the credits issued.
Professional Learning Units (PLUs):
- Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for your records that will include the name of the course and number of professional development hours completed.
- The Certificate of Completion is designed as a record that verifies that a professional development course was taken and passed.
- Contact Susan Proctor, Professional Learning Coordinator at 706-865-2141 Ext. 244 for PLU processing.
How PLUs are calculated:
- 15 hours = 1.5 PLUs
- 30 hours = 3 PLUs
- 45 hours = 4.5 PLUs